I do like apps like this, and, whilst I have to admit that I haven’t got my head around TextMusic it is one of those apps I’d really like to do a lot more with. So updates serve as good reminders for me.
Here’s what’s in 1.2.5 and it’s quite a lot:
- Able to play start from the cursor position.
- Able to export instrument tags to *mid files
- Delete text continually by long pressing the delete button.
- Able to Change the playing position by tapping text(notes) when playing.
- Added Jumps: [A] [B] [C] [D] … [Z] [>>ABBA]
- Added Accent notes. e.g. +1 +3 +5
- Added Flower notes. e.g. *5 *6 *2
- Added Grace notes. e.g. * * *
- Added time signature 6/8
- Advanced settings for adjusting Tremolo,Trill,Beat Velocities,GM Instrument mapping table…
- New Glissando Signs: e.g. 1>5 1>>5 1>>>5 2>6>>>3>>7
“ > ” = Pentatonic scale glissando
“ >> ” = Diatonic scale glissando
“ >>> ” = Chromatic scale glissando
- Two new demo songs “Unforgettable Past”, “The vast sea laugh”
- Auto saving
- The “Glissando” tag was changed named to “Glide”: “glid” —> “glide”
- The “Flower Note” was changed name to “Grace Note”
TextMusic on the app store:
TextMusic gets an update to version 1.2.4. Here’s what’s new:
- Added piano keyboard. ( For playing)
- Base key of the note keyboard will change according to the key signature tags in the text.
- Fixed error about exporting MIDI file.
- Fixed error about playback multi-part music on iPad2.
- Minor bug Fixes.
Here’s a very curious looking app, in fact, something I’d really like to try out. For now here’s the app’s description …
TextMusic is a quick-notate App based on Jianpu ( Numbered musical notation ), all musical sheet elements are composed of texts. It build-in 89 kinds of instrument, and support up to 32 voice parts.
- Rational designed keyboard for quick notation.
- Build-in 89 Instruments sound
- Export and share with MIDI, PNG, PDF, TXT
- Support Multi-parts, Chords, Tuplets, Portamento, Loops..
- Musical Tags
- Varying tempo, Varying Volume, Varying Instrument..
- Font adjustment
- Color adjustment
- Automatic layout notes by inputing bar-line
- Playback, Select, Copy, Cut, Paste, Undo
- Friendly UI
Please learn more in “Settings” – “Help” – “Reference Manual”
What’s New in version 1.1:
1. Also supports non-retina devices.
2. Minor bug fixes.
TextMusic costs $6.99 on the app store: