IceWorks have brought us great apps for years now including Argon, Cassini, Laplace, Lorentz, Mersenne and Xenon. Redshrike is another excellent synth and version 2.0 brings some excellent new feature. Here’s what’s new:
- Universal App : Optimized for iPad and iPhone
- Audio Unit Extensions (AUv3) compatible
- Support for Audiobus State Saving
- Exporting and importing of presets via Share extensions
- Swing parameter in the arpeggiator
- Improved MIDI mapping function
IceGear Instruments have been around a long time and have consistently supported the iOS music making world. Their first app, Argon (a personal favourite) was released back in December of 2009, and ever since they’ve brought us updates and new apps that have been exceptionally popular with the iOS community. I’m sure that their newest offering will be no exception.
Redshrike Synthesizer is a Polyphonic Subtractive Synthesizer for iPhone. Here are the main features:
- Waveform Morphing: Saw – Triangle – Pulse
- Frequency Modulation: Type, Frequency, Depth
- Detune (3xOSC)
- Sub Oscillator
- Type: White, Pink, Blue, Pitched, Digital, Glitch
- Type: 24dB/Oct, 12dB/Oct
- Cutoff Frequency
- Effects : Chorus, Delay, Reverb
You can easily create your own pattern.
You can stream live audio directly to other Inter-App Audio host applications.
You can stream live audio directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps. See http://audiob.us for more information.
Ableton Link is a new technology that synchronizes beat, phase and tempo of Ableton Live and Link-enabled iOS apps over a wireless network.
- CoreMIDI / Virtual MIDI Input
- MIDI Controller Mapping with MIDI Learn
- External MIDI sync
You can change which octaves are shown by dragging on bottom of keyboard.
Redshrike Synthesizer is on launch sale right now with 40% off for a limited time only