Roli’s seems intent to improve their NOISE app. In the latest update BLOCKS can now be renamed in My Studio when firmware is running version 0.2.6 or higher. They’ve also added Mirror Mode in My Studio to allow BLOCKS hardware to follow the on-screen view, similar to the functionality in previous versions of NOISE.
There are a few other updates too, but what with this and the new Grimes pack NOISE is well worth checking out if you haven’t already.
Grimes brings her own signature sound to Roli’s BLOCKS system and NOISE app, which is great, and, for BLOCKS owners, the pack is free too.
I’m looking forward to trying out this pack soon to hear just what she’s produced and how usable it’ll actually be.
You can read more about the pack and Grimes at the Roli site.
Well this is a really interesting development for Roli. They’ve extended their Blocks range today with a new Seaboard Block and it’s very reasonably priced indeed at £279 / $299. That makes the Seaboard Block very accessible and reachable for musicians, and will make a good addition to anyone who’s already got a Lightpad Block.
What’s more they’ve updated their iOS app too as follows:
Introducing the Seaboard Block, Touch Block and My Studio!
- You now tap on the instrument icon to switch to a Seaboard View and either play on-screen or connect a Seaboard Block
- Configure what Block controls what track and extend your BLOCKS playing surface using My Studio. Also use it to manage your hardware, such as checking your BLOCKS hardware are up-to-date
- Adjust the 5D settings for each connected Block by either attaching a Touch Block or in the advanced settings of My Studio
Other updates and fixes:
- 6 new exciting soundpacks that showcase the expressive capabilities of the Seaboard Block
- Updated onboarding screens, allowing you to skip and replay them at any time
- Visual improvements throughout app
NOISE on the app store:
This is where Noise and Roli Blocks gets a lot more interesting and useful. This is the update I’ve been waiting for, and I’m looking forward to trying it out.
Introducing Project Sync, Remix and Export!
- All your projects now automatically sync, so you can access them across all your devices. They also automatically save to the cloud, so they’re always backed up
- Download projects that other creators have shared on Noise.fm, the music collaboration platform. Remix them and make them your own
- Start projects in NOISE, then export them to your favorite desktop music software and take them to the next level. Make NOISE and BLOCKS a sketchpad for all your musical ideas
Other improvements and fixes:
- Fixed issue where some drum pads would hang until the kit was changed
- Improved the reliability of the firmware updater. Make sure to keep your BLOCKS up-to-date!