I think that KRFT is a great idea and a great app too, and it goes from strength to strength too. In the latest update it adds Audiobus and also its own network giving KRFT users the ability to share their own surfaces and try out those from other users.
You might be wondering what the pictures above are all about. I spent a very pleasant time with Studio Amplify guys playing with KRFT, and having a few craft beers at the same time. Personally I think it’s a great recipe for an evening, so you should try it sometime.
For now, here’s all that’s new with KRFT:
All aboard the Audio Bus to the new KRFT Network
- Check out the KRFT Network tab! You can now share your Surfaces and play on other users. Also, share privately and open your Surfaces on multiple devices.
- Use KRFT with Audio Bus 2 & 3 and control other apps using the Audio Bus control bar from within KRFT.
- Added the ability to scroll horizontally on iPhone.
- Added a master volume slider
- Added list picker for waveforms
- Added list picker for morph & dial property list
- Added some more options for dial & morph properties
- Fixed sample import for iOS 10.3
- Fixed an issue with Inter-App Audio
- Fixed bugs with Ableton Link
- Other small bug fixes and optimizations
I’m a big fan of KRFT and so I’m planning to go along to KRFT: BEER this week. If you’re going to be there I’ll be sure to say hi!
I’ve said it before, and almost certainly (well certainly) I’ll say it again. I really like KRFT. It’s a pretty awesome way to make music. If you feel the same, and if you’re in London next week on the 5th then you should come along to the KRFT Jam.
When: April 5th 6:00-9:30pm
Where: Forest Rd Tap Room, London, E8 3RL
If you don’t know KRFT, then you need to check it out. If you can’t make it, I promise to take some pictures, maybe some video too.
KRFT on the app store:
I’m a big fan of the cool things that Studio Amplify do, and especially KRFT Realtime Composition, and in version 1.3 they’ve done even bigger and better things. Here’s what’s new:
- Added 16th triplet & 8th triplet grids in to the matrix
- See note info when changing velocity, length, pitch in matrix
- Now add Labels to your cells to help you remember what they are!
- Added a preset picker list
- Redesigned the Surface Edit/Add Cell menu
- Now you can change the channel a cell points towards
- Also you can turn a Loop or a Fill on/off in edit mode
- Added a simple keyboard/drum preview keyboard to the sound tweaks page to help with tweaking!
- Added Cue Time and Mode to Group settings
- Reworked the keyboard toolbar and added velocity controls
- Now set cue & sync on timelines to 0 for instant fun
- Added a long hold in edit mode to go straight into cel edit
- Note preview toggle
- Metronome toggle
- Now enter custom value of horizontal sliders by tapping on the value
- Fixed gate issue on drums
- Fixed an issue with Ableton Link & swing
- Fixed importing .wav files
Studio Amplify do it again. KRFT 1.2 opens up and makes new friends! Here’s what’s new:
- Sync with other music apps using Ableton Link
- Import Audio Samples from other apps, including Dropbox & Google Drive
- Use KRFT as a source with Inter-App Audio
- Added Background Audio toggle
- Added 5 new bass presets
- Improved Live Quantize when playing on the keyboard or drum machine
- Now you can set the Cue Time for timelines
- Added more control over the waveforms in the synth engine
- Added better control over attack sliders at low values
- Other bug fixes and improvements
The lovely chaps at Studio Amplify have been hard at work and brought us KRFT version 1.1 which is pretty big and well worth a look at. Also KRFT is still at its sales price of $2.99.
Here’s what’s new:
- Added full iPad support! Enjoy retina graphics and more space to build your Surfaces on iPad.
- Exposed loads of settings and tweaks for the synth engine so you can add more personality to your sounds.
- Unlocked the ability to create custom Dials & Morphs. Now you can pick from a large list of synth, drum and master properties to create your effects.
- Added “Save As” and “Clone Surface” to give more flexibility when working with your Surfaces
- Increased the quality of recordings to 256kbps AAC.
- Improved graphics performance opening keyboard & matrix.
- Improved Instrument Selector design & function.
- Prevented cells being moved off screen.
- Fixed an issue where cells weren’t being cloned.
- Other smaller bug fixes and tweaks.
Still on its launch price, KRFT from Studio Amplify gets a little tweak. Here, take a look:
- Renamed SFX Cell to Sample Cell.
- Added more settings for the Sample Cell. You can now set their interaction and number of loops.
- Fixed a bug where some recordings would become unplayable
- Improved surface loading times
- Updated loading animation