KQ MiniSynth 1.8 is a big one, with AB3, new modules, Link and much more. What’s more the app has dropped in price from $5.99 to $3.99. Here’s the whole list of what’s new in this release.
- Modified the synth engine.
- Added Polyphonic Noise feature.
- Added modules: 8 Step Sequencer (CV/Gate), Loop Gate, CV Mixer, Dry / Wet Mixer, LFO (Tempo Sync), Toggle, Const Value.
- You can disconnect all cables which are connected to a connector when you tap the connector twice.
- Changed a Clipboard behaviour
- Changed a behaviour when Audiobus connected.
- Bugfix: Something was wrong when the sample rate is not 44100 Hz.
- Bugfix: Could not record.
- Supports Audiobus 3.
- Ableton Link integration
KQ MiniSynth on the app store:
KQ MiniSynth first arrived at the beginning of this year and has had a steady stream of updates ever since. In version 1.6 we get some nice new features. Here’s what’s new:
- 51 new preset patches.
- Supports Patch importing/exporting.
- Supports 2ch stereo recording.
- Added a record button animation.
- You need just 2 taps to connect modules.
- Added preferences of EG.
- Changed cable colors.
- Fixed some bugs.
The main thing in 1.4 is that it’s now got an oscilloscope!. Anyway, here’s everything that’s new:
- Oscilloscope have been added.
- Reverb is changed.
- Antialiasing is implemented.
- Support 2ch Stereo.
- Added Custom Controller module.
- Negative Gain on Booster module.
- Changes Appearance a little.
- Sound Volume may change.
- New I/O Panel (Volume, Pan, Portamento).
- Pitch Bend Sensitivity preferences.
- Invalid preferences have been removed. (Preferences.app)
- Bug fix — Virtual MIDI has been enabled now.
- Bug fix — SuperSaw went wrong.
- Bug fix — A crash bug is fixed.
Terminate your DAW when updating this App
And it’s on sale at $1.99 / £1.49 right now:
KQ MiniSynth is 50% off and down from $3.99 to $1.99.
Having just put up that page on Audio Units I noticed that KQ MiniSynth has also been updated (in version 1.3) and now supports Audio Unit hosts. So I need to update that page again!
Anyway, here’s what’s new in KQ MiniSynth:
- Supports Audio Unit Extension
- You can send Patches via Mail
- Presets changed a little
- Fixed VPF Resonance/Width issue
- Fixed other bugs
Well it probably comes as little surprise to you, it comes as only a small surprise to me that another modular joins the ranks of Audulus, Jasuto, zMors Modular, and AnalogKit. Modular is popular and people love it. So here’s KQ MiniSynth, and it’s universal too.
Here are the app’s details:
The maximum number of modules you can set is 100! ..Of course it depends on your device’s ability. You can install 10 Oscillators, make 10 series FM Modulators, and so on as you want.
- External MIDI (e.g. iRig MIDI) is Supported.
- Inter-App Audio is Supported.
This app implements the follow modules.
- Oscillator Type A (Frequency Modulation)
- Oscillator Type B (Pulse Width Modulation)
- Super Saw Oscillator
- Low Frequency Oscillator
- White Noise Generator
- 4 Channel Mixer
- Voltage-Controlled Amplifier
- Sample-and-Hold Amplifier
- Envelope Generator Type A
- Envelope Generator Type B
- Inverting Circuit
- Logical And (Series Switch)
- Logical Or (Parallel Switch)
- Maximum/Minimum Selector
- V/Oct Vibrator
- Keyboard Level Scaling
- Ring Modulator
- Voltage-Controlled Filter (LPF/HPF/BPF/BEF)
- Delay Effector
- Reverb Filter
The app was tested on iPod touch 4G, iPhone 5s, iPad 2, and iPad mini 3.
The Recommended Minimum Device: iPhone 5, iPad 2, or newer.
If you feel noisy or slow, try to decrease polyphony and increase buffer size on Settings.app.
The app costs $3.99 (£2.99) on the app store.