Group the Loop 1.3 is a nice big update including Link and much more. Here’s everything that’s in the update:
- Ableton Link.
- Flexible tempo – Change session tempo anytime.
- Pitch and time stretch tempo algorithms.
- Inter-app audio connections to input stream.
- New drop down clock settings view – Tap the clock status bar to quickly access tempo, time signature and Ableton Link settings.
- AudioShare import now supports more audio formats. (Inc. wav, caf, m4a, mp3, aif).
- Advanced audio export options. Choose file format, sample rate, bit depth and more.
- “Open in” support. Import audio files directly from any other app with the “open in” option e.g AudioShare, Mail.
- Many other improvements and bug fixes
Here’s all that’s new in Group the Loop 1.1.2:
- Audiobus Remote support.
- New copy loop function.
- New quick group select view.
- Improved MIDI support.
- Improved latency management.
- Various other bug fixes and tweaks.
Group the Loop brings intelligent audio looping to the iPad. Record, loop, overdub, add effects and much more! The must have music creation tool for performers, song writers and beat boxers.
Create entire songs with complex verse, bridge and chorus structures then switch between them in real time.
Build intricate layers and construct brilliant textured soundscapes with limitless overdubbing and perfectly synchronised loops.
Jam along with ‘Drummer’, a realistic drum machine with a comprehensive collection of styles and beats to choose from.
- Record and loop your voice or instrument.
- Group together loops and create multiple sections (e.g. Verse, Bridge, Chorus).
- Record and switch between groups in real time.
- ‘Master group’ for loops that play throughout your song. Great for drums and percussion.
- Realtime effects including reverb, delay and audio filters.
- Add effects to any loop or the audio input.
- COUNT IN – Keep your hands free and let Group the Loop count you in to record.
- Drummer – Jam along to a comprehensive collection of grooves and beats.
- Audiobus compatible – Stream to and from other audio apps via Audiobus.
- AudioShare compatible – Import and export loops via AudioShare. (IOS 8.1 or higher only)
- Limitless overdubbing.
- Undo / redo overdub layers.
- Fully customisable metronome.
- Adjust volume and pan for each loop or group.
- Label loops.
- Record in multiples of your first loop or the session clock.
- Headphone monitoring. Monitor your instrument through your headphones.
- CUE – Automatically start and stop recording loops.
- No CUE – Instant and continuous recording whilst still keeping your loops in perfect sync.
- Record your song/performance in real time then share it with the world.
- Move loops between groups.
- Merge two loops and free up space.
- Sample accurate recording to keep your loops in perfect sync.
- High resolution waveform display for every loop.
- Plug in an audio interface and connect directly to a PA or amplifier.
- Plug in a MIDI foot pedal and control Group the Loop with your feet.
Group the loop on the app store: