Sometimes a release like a 2.0.1 might just be a bugfix, but for Elastic Drums this isn’t just correcting things, this has new features in it too. Here’s all that’s new:
- New: Bluetooth high quality audio (A2DP) headphones work now with iOS 10
- New: ED can send User Notifications now: Please allow, if you don’t want to miss any news
- Improvement: After microphone recording, the recorded audio file will get selected automatically
- Bugfix: Program changes were not filtered by Midi port nor Midi channel
- Buxfix: Of “Error” message/crash in Audiobus 2
- Buxfix: Song re-arrangement in pattern screen via drag’n’drop works much better again
One of the great drum synths, Elastic Drums goes up to version 2.0 with a great new batch of features and improvements.
- New Ableton Live Set Export option
- Reworked audio record section with more share possibilities
- Audiobus 3 ready
- Improved design of all preset tables (User, Factory, …)
- Top navigation on iPad shows preset name now
- Debugged sending of Midi notes
- Debugged note/pitch behavior in velocity mode
- Improved velocity note/pitch screen on iPad -> checkout “_demo – chromatic-pitch“
- You can now also send zip files to ED – via Email, etc. So you can import a bunch of samples, when you zip and send them to ED
- New IAP sample kit by DJ Elephant Power
What a great way to celebrate with version 1.9.5 and the app going on sale and being half price! So it’s down to $4.99 today and for the next two weeks.
Here’s what’s new in version 1.9.5:
- New IAP sample kit by App-Sound with 170 useful samples (acoustic & electronic drum sounds, chords, fx)
- You can now reach the store for IAP via presets -> store
- Velocity automation status gets reflected in mixer view
- Show missing sample information in each sample player
- new presets by Another Machines, Dj Elephant Power and others
I’m a big fan of Elastic Drums, and I always have been since it first arrived. So much so that I noticed that the app’s store page has a quote from me on it.
Palm Sounds: “I have to say that I’ve been completely impressed by this iPhone drum machine. In terms of sound, in terms of design, and in terms of functionality. It is amazing.”
I stand by that, and I’d go further too, as Elastic Drums has gone from strength to strength and continued to develop and improve. Even small updates like 1.9.4 are a cause for a little celebration.
So here’s what’s new in the latest version:
- 80 new samples from Berlin musician Phon.o (http://www.phon-o.com)
- Improved knob and automate behavior in song mode
- Bass synth was playing 1 octave too high in old presets with pitch modulation
- When changing the master tempo X in song mode (mix screen), the sequencer could act weird, repeating or even stopping
- Fixed copy seq+instr bug with copying channel data to another pattern
- Reworked XY control – please double check, if effects and jam page still work as they did before
Elastic Drums is a great drum app and for me it’s right up there with my top drum apps like SeekBeats, Patterning and MoDrum. So it’s great to see Elastic get better and better with this new version.
Here’s what’s new in Elastic Drums:
- New SAMPLER engine, with sample pitch, reverse, envelope, and a genuine looper function !!!
- Sample import via iTunes, eMail or AudioShare after purchasing the “sample import” option
- Record your microphone input after purchasing the “sample import” option
- Velocity/Automate edit view on iPad, via longtap velocity/automat button
- top navigation: swipe to prev/next pattern works the other way round now
- Copy instr + seq in Instr option sub screen
- You now can import samples from an email into Elastic Drums
- Limited master tempo X (multiplication) as it did not work properly after the Ableton Link rebuild
- fixed badly working Midi Sync out start/stop behavior
- doubleTap on instr parameters will set knob to default
- button/solo labels on instr. buttons
- selecting + longtap on an instruments preset or user sample will open a delete overlay
- warning, if you really want to change to another preset, if you made edits to the current one
- updated to newest libPD version 0.10
- version info in info overlay screen
Elastic Drums is on sale and down from $12.99 to just $4.99 which, as far as I can see, is at its lowest price ever. So grab a bargain why don’t you.
I got an email confirming that the modstep contest has now been extended until the 20th of this month. Here’s the email …
“We are very curious to know what you do with modstep and how you use it, that´s why we decided to do a video contest to find out.
Show us how you use modstep on stage, in the studio, on the train, at the beach, in your bedroom or wherever else you like to make music and win a Korg Volca Sample and a meeblip anode as the first prize!
On top of that, the 5 best videos get to win a nice collection of apps from Elastic Drums, ZMORS Modular, Triqtraq, Blamsoft, Arturia and Sugar Bytes.
How to participate
Send us the link to your video until the 20th of June 2016 to this email: info (at) modstep.net. We will decide about the winners until the 30th of June and notify them. All decisions are final.”