From the developer that brought us c3n loops comes c3n play one, a free version that lets you play with c3n with 100 loops. Here’s the description.
c3n play one lets you the experience a universe of sound, and totally new way to play with music. We want to give you a chance to experience what it can be like to remix music live. Break free from the confines of the grid and enter a cosmos of infinite space where you are free to compose, combine, and create your own unique remix performances. c3n play one comes preloaded with over a hundred high quality loops that let you can experience what it is like to create an entire set of banging techno with the c3n interface. For those of you that want to use a tool like this to remix your own music on the stage or in the studio we offer c3n loops. Our premium offering that also offers import capability so that you can import your own tracks and loops.
c3n play one is free on the app store:
c3n loops goes up to version 1.2 today and brings link and much more. Here’s the full details:
- Ableton Link
- Settings menus for MIDI and Link
- Import loops while playing
- Stop all loops button
- Erase all button
- Increased hit size of scene tags and scene triggers
- New video tutorial shown via the iOS video player
- New free deep house loop pack
- Improved graphics performance
- Improved stability and bug fixes
It’s been updated. Here’s what’s new:
- Improved tempo management scheme. If nothing is playing then tempo will be set to the first loop or group played after navigation (pan or zoom). This allows beat matching and simplifies resetting the tempo to the original tempo of the loop or group.
- Improved MIDI out sync management scheme. The app will start playing loops or groups immediately when no MIDI device or app is connected. Connected MIDI gear or apps will get one beat of sync message before a MIDI start message is sent.
- Improved AudioBus behaviour.
- Improved stability and bug fixes.
- Imported folders of loops via document picker will be put in a folder in the apps sandbox document folder.
“Performance using the c3n loops iOS music app. The app runs on an iPad pro and the performance was recorded in the forest by the Bråviken bay on the Swedish east coast. In this video we have loaded c3n loops with content from Samplephonics.”
Video published by c3n performance.
c3n loops on the app store:
So this looks like a pretty amazing tool for creating pretty much anything with loops. I’m thinking it might be great for some interesting soundscapes actually. Here’s the details of the app …
c3n loops is a remix instrument for DJs and producers. Navigate an infinite space to play loops and create compositions on the fly. You can improvise or prepare grooves for a performance. A radically different user interface leads to unexpected compositions and creative improvisations. Sync hardware and apps to c3n loops via MIDI sync. c3n loops also supports AudioBus.
- 57 high quality loops to get you started.
- Interface optimised for iPad pro resolution.
- Loops of different tempos are automatically adjusted to play in sync.
- Number of loops in the space is limited only by the device flash memory capacity.
- Import your own loops.
- Shape the loop sound with resonant filters.
- 128 Concurrent stereo streams (64 on the iPad 2)
- Support for multiple audio formats such as, wav, aif, caf, mp3, m4a.
- Video tutorial included.
c3n loops adds a new dimension of expressiveness to your live performance!
c3n loops costs $8.99 on the app store now: