The video’s description only says “An demonstration video of upcoming Vatanator AU extension for iOS. All sounds created by Vatanator AU, hosted in GarageBand.
Made by Backpullver.”
You’ll remember Vatanator and Vatanator SX. Here’s the description for Vatanator itself.
Vatanator is a unique drum machine with advanced MIDI functionality. It features 140 built-in presets emulating every classic vintage hardware.
It is aimed for simplicity and instant rhythm creation.
- iOS 7.1 and up compatible, iPad retina graphics
- Record patterns in real-time with quantization, MIDI assignable
- 16/32 steps sequencer with advanced MIDI options
- Fast loading of presets on the fly
- Full MIDI implementation, Bluetooth MIDI
- Background audio
- Audiobus, Audiobus Remote, Inter-App Audio and Ableton Link support
- Ability to import samples via AudioShare, AudioCopy, Dropbox or iTunes Share
- Real-time effects with envelope follower and XY pads, MIDI assignable
- Song arranger, ability to store a sequence of patterns and play them in order
- 8 channel mixer with volume control and mute/solo for any individual instrument
So when Vatanator comes as an AU it’ll be pretty cool, wherever you decide to use it. For now you might want to check out Vatanator and Vatanator SX on the app store.
Vatanator on the app store:
Vatanator SX on the app store:
From the developer who brought us Jack the Beatmaker and other apps with minimalist design comes a new FX app simply entitled Stereo Phaser. I guess you could say that it does what it says it’s going to do.
That is nice phaser effect that can run in stereo mode. The app is Audio Unit AUv3.
In stereo mode the signal is split and run through 2 phaser effects with different frequency settings but same rate, depth and feedback that are shifted in stereo space with the same rate(same as the phasers’)
The app is an Audio Unit Effect AUV3 and can be used inside GarageBand or other AU host apps as an effect plug-in. Stereo Phaser can also run as a stand alone app adding effect to the audio input so you can play your guitar, bass or synth directly through the app if you have the connector to do so.
Stereo Phaser controls:
- Rate – that is the phaser speed
- Depth – phaser depth
- Feedback – effect feedback
- Stereo – stereo spread
Stereo Phaser is on the app store costing $0.99:
Another DDMF audio unit arrives. NYCompressor looks competent. Here are all the details.
A professional compressor plugin in the audio unit format. Compatible with Garageband, Cubasis, AuriaPro and other AUv3 hosts. The NYCompressor is the ideal workhorse when it comes to dynamics management in a mix. From gentle compression for glueing your mix together to heavy drum compression for the ultimate punch: NYCompressor can do it all.
- Compression ratio up to 1:10.
- Optional key signal filtering.
- True sidechaining (4 inputs, needs to be supported by host)
- Hard/soft knee.
- Parallel (New York) compression.
- Independent L/R or Mid/Side compression.
Planned, designed and lovingly handcrafted by DDMF, a renowned audio software company from Southern Germany.
NYCompressor costs $8.99 on the app store now:
IceWorks have brought us great apps for years now including Argon, Cassini, Laplace, Lorentz, Mersenne and Xenon. Redshrike is another excellent synth and version 2.0 brings some excellent new feature. Here’s what’s new:
- Universal App : Optimized for iPad and iPhone
- Audio Unit Extensions (AUv3) compatible
- Support for Audiobus State Saving
- Exporting and importing of presets via Share extensions
- Swing parameter in the arpeggiator
- Improved MIDI mapping function
Discchord tells us that it is so, therefore it must be so! Interesting that they choose to do it now, but whatever the reason it’s good news, and hopefully a driver for more apps to apply the standard.
And another AU from Aleksandar Mlazev …
Resonator Audio Unit is an audio effect that creates natural sounding resonances in an acoustic body. That will add warmth and fullness to the tone of any instrument or to your record. You can control the acoustic body thickness, size and the amount of resonances.
There is also additional reverb effect so you can add reflections to the sound of the resonator. This is useful if you use the app as a standalone to get your whole sound and play on your instrument via iRig or similar adapter.
The app uses realistic and innovative algorithms created by me that you can not find in other software.
Features of the Resonator Audio Unit:
- warm and natural sounding resonances
- acoustic body controls for thickness and size
- resonances amount control
- additional reverb effect
- Efx on/off button (available when used as a stand alone app)
Resonator Audio Unit costs $2.99 on the app store now:
A new audio unit arrives …
Warm Distortion is real time distortion audio effect. It is a non linear distortion that works great with guitars, drums and other instruments. It clears the “hiss” sounds just like real tube amplifier. All algorithms are unique, created and designed for nice distortion effect.
The app works as an Audio Unit plugin and can also be used as stand alone real time effect via the device microphone or using iRig or similar device.
- Unique distortion algorithms with natural tube sound
- Smoothie (hiss clearing magic slider)
- Reverb (master reverb)
If you play acoustic instrument you can use headphones without a mic and put the phone close to your instrument so the app will work as realtime effect.
Warm Distortion costs $1.99 on the app store now: