Another packed release for Audio Evolution Mobile Studio as this app goes from strength to strength. Here’s what’s new:
- Replaced Note Length button with the direct display of all note lengths in the left panel in the piano roll editor.
- New grid size dialog in the piano roll editor for more quickly changing grid sizes
- New ‘Dynamic’ grid size for the piano roll which changes the grid size according to the grid lines of the current zoom level
- Changing the velocity slider now also affects the velocity of the selected notes
- Note offs are now sent when end of loop is reached
- Markers in the piano roll are now snapped to the piano roll grid
- Pasting in the piano roll is now snapped to the piano roll grid
- Loop duration can now be much smaller
- Loop button did not stay selected. Solved.
- Punch in/out did not work correctly. Solved.
Audio Evolution Mobile Studio is interesting as it’s a cross platform app on both Android (where it started) and iOS. Here’s what’s new in the latest iOS version.
- Improvements in editing using the piano roll editor (please see at the bottom)
- Project overview now shows the notes of the current clip in the piano roll editor
- Piano roll grid is now separate to main time line screen grid and defaults to 1/16th note and grid enabled
- Solved crash when selecting ‘Save range to file(s)’
Changes to piano roll editor:
- Position/Length selection button is removed
- Piano roll editor now defaults to Draw mode in which you can now do all editing for note events
- Short tap-and-release adds a note. Short tapping on an existing note removes it
- Long-tap-and-hold on a note allows you to move it.
- Long-tap-and-hold on the end of a note allows you to change its length
- Long-tap-and-hold on blank space starts rectangle selection of notes
- Short-tap on blank space deselects the selected notes
- Short-tap on selected notes pops up a dialog where you can choose to cut, copy and delete the selection
- Long-tap-and-release on blank space pops up a Paste dialog
- Velocity slider sets the velocity for new note events
- Other events require a long-tap, because the inaccuracy involved
And actually on the same day as the previous update, which is a bit strange. Here’s what’s new:
- Added Mono option to mix-down and stems dialog
- IAA FX bug fix
- Solved progress dialog issue in stems dialog
- Renamed pitch correction plug-in to Vocal Tune
In it’s fifth update since launch Audio Evolution Mobile Studio 1.0.7 brings another bunch of updates and fixes. Here’s what’s new:
- Added support for IAA generators as input on an audio track
- Instrument selection dialog and effects selection dialogs now displays icons for IAA and AU’s
- Loop and sound font shop now more clearly identify which items are already purchased
- Splitting a MIDI track could cause a crash when the PRO IAP wasn’t done. Solved.
- Input button now shows both the input port and channels for audio tracks
- Solved issue with the Next button getting stuck in virtual keyboard view
- Solved wrong checksum for Funk Drum Kit
- Solved crash when opening the instrument selection dialog when a sound font was corrupt.
- Corrupt sound fonts are now automatically removed on start-up to prevent errors
- Parameters of built-in effects were not stored in the project. Solved.
- Solved crash when creating two instrument tracks on some 32-bit iPads
- On iOS8 systems, the app could erroneously display the message that no network was connected when downloading a sound font. Solved.
Audio Evolution Mobile Studio brings its fourth update this month, and it’s a good one. Here’s what’s new:
- Added support for AudioShare. For exporting to AudioShare, please use the ‘File browser’ and swipe your audio file left to reveal the AudioShare function. To import from AudioShare, simply select ‘Import from AudioShare’ from the Project menu
- Added channel filter to MIDI input dialog
- Fixed crash in the velocity editor for the drum pattern editor
- Fixed crash in changing output of busses.
- Moving automation points is now easier
- Pressing cancel in presets dialog caused a crash. Solved.
- The ‘Vocal Remover’ and ‘WahWah’ effect sometimes failed to load. Solved.
- After setting the resonance or depth parameters in WahWah to 0, no sound would be produced anymore. Solved.
- Pop-up menu with ‘Remove effect’ is not displayed anymore for empty fx slot
- Solved issue with undo ‘Cut ripple’ in drum pattern editor
- Cut and paste dialogs in the drum pattern editor now have a Cancel option
- Choosing ‘Duplicate track’ when 3 tracks were present and the PRO IAP wasn’t done caused a crash. Solved.
- Solved 32/64-bit issue that could cause a random crash
After being very sucessful on Android Audio Evolution Mobile comes to iOS with an impressive range of features.
Record your ideas on the go or create entire music productions from scratch, we’ll leave it up to you! This app is a portable multitrack audio and MIDI recording studio featuring virtual instruments, editing with unlimited undo/redo, mixing, real-time effects, automation and much more!
Note that this is our initial release and we’d appreciate any feedback or bug reports! We are highly responsive to customer feedback.
- Multitrack audio recording / playback
- MIDI sequencing with piano roll editor
- Drum pattern editor
- Inter-app audio effects and instruments
- AudioBus support (including AudioBus remote)
- Audio Unit v3 instruments and effects displayed directly in the app
- Non-linear editing with move, trim, split, cut/copy/paste, remove, cross-fade, etc. with full undo/redo
- Virtual instruments (comes with free instruments and more instrument packs to download with in-app purchase)
- Wide range of downloadable loops available (free and paid)
- Clip volume and fade points
- Loop playback
- Automation of mixer and effect parameters
- Mix-down to WAV, AIFF and ALAC
- Punch in/out
- Zoom down to the sample
- Each track has controls for volume, panning, mute, solo, arm, 3-band EQ with mid-sweep, 3 insert effects, 2 effect sends and output bus selection
- Unlimited number of tracks (more than 3 requires the PRO in-app purchase)
- Unlimited number of groups (requires the PRO in-app purchase)
- Real-time effects including: chorus, compressor, delay, dual delay, reverse delay, reverb, flanger, noise gate and many more!
- Offline effects: fade in/out, normalize, reverse, pitch shift, time stretching
- Several grid options for aligning your samples (with tempo and time signature settings)
- Projects are interchangeable with our Android version
- Export to other DAW’s by rendering all tracks to separate audio files (stems)
- Media server to access your files easily from a desktop computer
In short: a complete portable multitrack music studio that will replace your fourtrack recorder or tape machine!
The following in-app purchases are available to expand your studio:
- FX pack 1 (distortion, overdrive, speaker sim, wah wah, phaser)
- FX pack 2 (10-, 15-, 30-band graphic EQ)
- ToneBoosters effect pack 1 (Barricade, DeEsser, Gate, Reverb)
- ToneBoosters EQ with frequency analyzer
- ToneBoosters Compressor
- Autotune with two-voice harmonizer
- Soundfont instrument packs
- Loop packs from Function Loops
Audio Evolution Mobile Studio is free on the app store (with IAPs):