“An alliance of music app developers called Musik App Manufaktur had a very nice performance with iOS apps here at Superbooth 16. They’re clearly showing that mobile app music is not just something fun to play around with while you’re waiting for the bus. No, these are highly capable of high performance stuff, also controlling modulars and syncing over Ableton link. Good stuff.”
Video published by cuckoomusic.
Apps in the Musik App Manufaktur alliance:
All very cool apps, and very cool to see them all used together like that.
(wish I had one of those t-shirts!).
shapesynth 4.0 has arrived and now has Link and so much more.
- Completely NEW user interface.
- Adding Ableton Link support.
- Adding a second oscillator.
- Adding oscillator mixing modes (add, sub, mul).
- Adding full ADSR for HFO and LFO.
- Adding direction setting for second half of waveform.
- Adding a third LFO mode, duty cycle.
- Adding tempo sync option.
- Adding ability to preset the tape loop length.
- Adding stereo channel to delay.
- Adding filter type setting (low, band and high pass).
- Adding option of more controls to accelerometer data.
- Adding tape sync option to sequencer.
- Adding euclidean rhythm to sequencer.
- Adding a few synth presets.
- Changing midi cc structure.
- Adding in app help.
shapesynth on the app store:
A new FX app arrives that can be used in a number of different ways. RP-1 is an Audio Unit, IAA effect and works with Audiobus. If that wasn’t enough it has Link too! This is the first in a range of FX apps that Numerical Audio are creating, so I think that there’s good stuff to come.
Here are the app store details:
Two separate (stereo) delay lines allow for a wide range of effects ranging from basic slapback and ping-ping type echos to complex modulations and soundscapes.
- Digital Stereo Delay with High- and Lowpass filters, Stereo spread and Looping
- Separate modulation Delay for Chorus, Vibrato, Flanger and Panning effects
- Both sections can be bypassed individually
- Mod section can be routed pre or post delay
- Delay Times from 10ms to 2000ms (or 1/32 to 2bars)
- Tempo Sync via AudioUnit Host or Ableton Link
- Tap Temp and Manual Tempo
- Normal, Dotted and Triplet
- Stereo Spread
- Simple 1-Button Looping
- AudioUnitV3 Effect
- Inter-App Audio Effect
- Audiobus (Filter)
- Ableton Link
- USB Audio Interface
RP-1 costs $5.99 on the app store now:
One of my all time fav drum machine / synth apps now also has Link! It’s been added in version 1.7.3.
TweakyBeat is also still free, so if you don’t have it then you need to sort that out and get it now.
It’s a big fav of mine so this is great news!
SeekBeats on the app store:
This is a massive release for apeDelay. Here’s everything that’s new in version 1.2:
- Ableton Link in integration, find out more about Link at http://ableton.com/link
- New SYNC for LFO and Sequencer
- New Input Spectroscope view
- New Noise Gate parameter
- New exp/log scale for “Multi-Slider”
- Freeze now is working with Decimator/Granulate/Noise Gate and Blur
- New Frequency range selection for stereo Delay Pads
- New iCloud Drive and Document Picker for Presets and Files
- MIDI Clock improved
- Improved Toggle Interaction
- Audiobus latest SDK update
- Midibus latest SDK update
- Bluetooth Audio IO support
- Bluetooth MIDI LE Support
- Added Preset Manager ‘Open In…’ Support
- Added Preset Manager ‘Sends the audio files used from the Bank’
- Added File Manager ‘Send E-Mail’ Support
- Audio Engine Optimisation
EGDR909 – 909 Drum Machine has added Ableton’s Link technology in the latest update, plus more. Here’s what’s in the newest version:
- Quick Edit mode – create your pattern easily and quickly with this new mode
- Ableton Link support
Also the ‘lite‘ version has also been updated with Link as well.
Also check the apps supporting Link page for more apps that have Ableton’s Link technology.
EGDR909 – 909 Drum Machine on the app store:
EGDR909 – 909 Drum Machine Lite on the app store:
StepPolyArp, Midi Step Polyphonic Arpeggiator, has been updated to version 2.6 and adds Link and more today. Here’s what’s new:
- Ableton Link integration
- Optimized for iPad Pro
- Improved Inter-App Audio sync
Also check out the apps supporting Link page for more apps which are supporting Ableton’s Link technology.
StepPolyArp on the app store:
This is great news! Reactable Mobile 2.4.0 brings us Link and more. Here’s what’s new:
- Now with Ableton Link Integration.
- Upgraded AudioBus library
- Optimized for iPad Pro, iPhone 6S / 6S Plus
- Many many bug fixes and improvements.
DrumJam was already brilliant. In version 1.3.3 it just got even better! Here’s what’s in the latest version:
- Added Ableton Link integration. Ableton Link is a new technology that synchronizes beat, phase and tempo of Link-enabled iOS apps and Ableton Live over a wireless network.
- Added Audiobus Remote triggers, updated to latest SDK
- Added Bluetooth LE MIDI support
- Added 3D touch support for iPhone 6S/6S+, usable for velocity or repeat rate control on pads
- Fixed various Inter-app audio lifecycle issues, avoids being a zombie
- Fixed stuck auto-repeat via midi input
- Fixed issue where loop vol/pan didn’t change when set via CC during pending change
- Stop hits are not played if loop is muted and now respect pan/vol of loop
- Other bug fixes
DrumJam on the app store:
Don’t forget to check out the list of apps supporting link page for more apps with Ableton’s Link technology.