In the latest version of the excellent drum machine app Patterning we get a new Live export feature (just like Triqtraq below) and more beside. Here’s what’s new:
Ableton Live Set Export.
You can now create and export an Ableton Live Set directly from Patterning! Don’t have Live? Ableton Live 9 Lite is available free for Patterning users.
- Consolidated “Export” menu for exporting Ableton Live Sets, Audio, and Patterning (.onps) files.
- You can now export audio from “All Patterns,” quickly generating loops of your entire Patterning project at once.
- Audiobus Remote bug fix.
- Fixed bug with animations on iOS 10.
- Various bug fixes.
Triqtraq has gone from strength to strength since it launched over 4 years ago. It was one of the first apps to add Ableton’s Link technology and now in this latest release it has added even closer integration with Live. Version 1.7 brings ….
- Ableton Live Set Export: export Triqtraq Sessions as Ableton Live Sets containing separate Audio Tracks and Scenes
- Triqtraq now comes bundled with Ableton Live 9 Lite (get your copy via Menu – Export – Ableton Live Set)
- New Sample Kits: Berlin (Drums), Subbd (Bass), Electric Bass 3 (Bass), CrunchedSynth (Keys)
Group the Loop 1.3 is a nice big update including Link and much more. Here’s everything that’s in the update:
- Ableton Link.
- Flexible tempo – Change session tempo anytime.
- Pitch and time stretch tempo algorithms.
- Inter-app audio connections to input stream.
- New drop down clock settings view – Tap the clock status bar to quickly access tempo, time signature and Ableton Link settings.
- AudioShare import now supports more audio formats. (Inc. wav, caf, m4a, mp3, aif).
- Advanced audio export options. Choose file format, sample rate, bit depth and more.
- “Open in” support. Import audio files directly from any other app with the “open in” option e.g AudioShare, Mail.
- Many other improvements and bug fixes
It’s only fair to say that Link has very quickly established a strong foothold in the iOS world, and has of course had a desktop presence from day one with Live. But the big question was always whether or not other desktop DAWs would take it on.
Now that’s happened with Reason. Here’s what Propellerheads say about it:
“Reason is the first third party DAW to add support for Ableton’s Link technology. Users of Reason 9.1 can effortlessly sync their music making apps across WiFi, and Link will keep all apps in tempo and time. Drop in or out of the Link at any time. Change tempo on one device and all the Linked apps follow suit.
Use the Link enabled Reason for Jam sessions with friends using Ableton Live or other Link enabled apps on desktop or mobile. Or use Link to record the sound of your favorite iOS apps to your Reason tracks in perfect sync.
How to use Link
Using Link is a breeze. Reason 9.1 adds Ableton Link as a new sync mode that you enable from the transport panel. You’ll see how many other Links are available and a graph will show timing information. When you hit play in Reason, it will start playing in sync on the next downbeat. When you stop, all other apps will keep playing. There is no sync master.
Reason 9.1 is a free update for owners of Reason 9. To update Reason 9, simply download it from Reason’s auto updater that will detect the update on launch.”
Make now mistake that this is massive, truly massive, and I hope that it isn’t the last. Quite frankly I think that we should see all DAWs take on Link, and I’d like to see some Android love for Link too.
What’s more, it’s great to see Jakob in there doing his thing!
It’s a huge update in version 2.1 with all the stuff that you’d expect to find from apeSoft. Here’s the big list:
- Ableton Link in integration, find out more about Link at http://ableton.com/link
- New SYNC for LFO and Sequencer
- New UI iPad/iPhone restyle
- New Dynamics Compressor/Expander
- New iCloud Drive and Document Picker for Presets and Files
- MIDI Clock improved
- Improved Toggle Interaction
- Audiobus latest SDK update
- Midibus 1.35
- New 88.2 and 96 kHz Sampling Rate support
- Bluetooth Audio IO support
- Bluetooth MIDI LE Support
- Added Preset Manager ‘Open In…’ Support
- Added Preset Manager ‘Sends the audio files used from the Bank’
- Added File Manager ‘Send E-Mail’ Support
- AudioShare support
- Audio Engine Optimisation
- Bugs fixed
- iPad Pro compatibility fixed
- iPhone Landscape Left/Right
Here’s what’s new in Remixlive …
- Ableton Link: jam in sync with other Link-compatible apps (Cross DJ Pro, another Remixlive, Ableton Live, etc.).
- New Essential FX pack: buy 4 FX and save 50% off their individual price.
- Record external audio from any iOS-compatible microphone or sound card into Remixlive.
- Improved sample collection: rename, delete & search any sample in your collection.
- Delete any factory sample pack and restore it through the in-app store.
- New info tab that displays sample’s instrument, BPM, beats, key & more.
e-l-s-a gets a big update in version 1.7. Here’s what’s new:
- New logo.
- Adding anti click setting.
- Adding keyboard hold function.
- Adding bit crush rounding setting.
- Adding bit crush wet setting.
- Improving filter.
- Adding filter wet setting.
- Improving multi touch experience.
- Adding info labels.
- Updating in app help.
- Adding Ableton Link support.
- Fixing midi channel save bug