A nice free addition to AC Sabre Motion MIDI Instrument. Here are all the details:
AC Central is a free auto-connection hub for the AC Sabre Motion MIDI Instrument (iPhone/iPod) and Bluetooth MIDI hardware. AC Central takes the hassle out of getting connected to your favourite synthesizers, samples and other sound machines. Plus, combined with Audiobus 3 (separate purchase, well worth it!), you can save and recall your complex multi-app setups and MIDI mappings with the touch of a button…
- Zero-config, auto-connects to AC Sabre and compatible BT midi hardware
- Full Audiobus 3 support
- AB3 State Saving of settings from local synths’ *and* remotely connected AC Sabre’s
- Multiple inputs and outputs
- Works with built-in CoreMIDI if you don’t have Audiobus 3
You probably know that I like Intermorphic’s stuff. So I’m really pleased to see even more goodies come to Wotja in version 4.6, which follows hot on the heals of 4.5 only just over 2 weeks ago. Here’s what’s new.
This is a feature update that adds support for WAV/MIDI mixdown recording. It is available from the “Mixdown & Recordings” screen accessed from Mix tab Action menu. Thanks for the customer feedback and we hope you enjoy it!
- Mixdown & Recordings screen.
- Set the number of bars (1-100) you want to record and make 44KHz stereo WAV or MIDI mixdown recordings.
- Recordings can be previewed in the “Mixdown & Recordings” screen.
- Recordings are saved to the Wotja iCloud folder or Wotja folder depending on the “Use iCloud” setting (iOS > Settings > Wotja > Use iCloud).
Note: Mixdown recordings are not live recordings and they are made as fast as your device allows. To be made they require sufficient device memory to be available.
- Fixed issue introduced in 4.5 related to create playlist file.
- Fixed Play/Stop issue for VoiceOver users.
- Minor bug fixes.
Discchord tells us that it is so, therefore it must be so! Interesting that they choose to do it now, but whatever the reason it’s good news, and hopefully a driver for more apps to apply the standard.
Auxy 3.5 brings some nice new features. Here’s what’s new:
- Exporting a project now creates a link that you can easily share and open
- Project export has been moved to the track export menu
- Improved performance when browsing projects
- Added option for sorting projects by creation date
- Select and edit any note without changing the grid setting
- New ‘How To’ section with updated tutorials
AUM is a wildly popular app and not without its own complexity. It’s been over a year since the last update, but 1.2 makes up for it. It’s a huge update. Here are the details:
- Min/max range mapping for MIDI param controls.
- MIDI toggle-params: option for auto-toggle on/off, useful for momentary MIDI cc buttons.
- The IAA output ports are now instrument type instead of generators, and supports MIDI reception.
- Match any MMC device ID, fixes unresponsiveness with some MMC controllers.
- Allow A2DP (high quality bluetooth audio) and AirPlay output on iOS 10.
- Add transpose setting for IAA/AU synths.
- Forward sysex to hosted IAA and AUv3 nodes.
- New Allpass filter nodes, mainly useful for acoustic engineers.
- DSP meter: display peak instead of average.
NOTE: This will show higher (but more accurate) readings than before for the same DSP usage!
- FilePlayer picker: scroll last file to center instead of bottom.
- Improve unsolo-logic for busses.
- Allow tapping value labels in built in plugin views for keyboard entry.
- Show MIDI routing matrix and Help in separate larger window on iPad.
- Recordings browser: show file extension in subtitle.
- Grey out TXT and ZIP files in recordings folder.
- Fix iPhone layout issues when launched from other landscape app.
- Don’t auto-show keyboard on iPhone landscape rotation.
- Fix bug where changing a bypassed node would make the new node unbypassed.
- Fix MIDI control of gain and clip nodes.
- Fix for issues when loading large sessions.
- Improved support for Audiobus 3. (Requires Audiobus 3.0.1 or later)
About 6 weeks since the launch of AB3 comes an update with fixes and some new things too. A nice little gift. Here’s what’s new:
- Added a clear session button: Please clear session before closing Audiobus.
- Improved labels for Hardware MIDI Input and Output ports
- Added 64 samples latency option
- Double tapping mixer volume slider resets value to 0dB*
- Double tapping mixer pan knob resets pan
- Fixed state loading issues with MidiFlow Apps
- Fixed background launching issues
- Fixed a crash when loading presets
- Fixed errors with multi instance MIDI receiver ports
- Fixed broken Audio Unit Extension view in iPhone Portrait
- Receiver apps show system inputs correctly
- Fixed crash when apps with missing ports where added to MIDI Input
This is where Noise and Roli Blocks gets a lot more interesting and useful. This is the update I’ve been waiting for, and I’m looking forward to trying it out.
Introducing Project Sync, Remix and Export!
- All your projects now automatically sync, so you can access them across all your devices. They also automatically save to the cloud, so they’re always backed up
- Download projects that other creators have shared on Noise.fm, the music collaboration platform. Remix them and make them your own
- Start projects in NOISE, then export them to your favorite desktop music software and take them to the next level. Make NOISE and BLOCKS a sketchpad for all your musical ideas
Other improvements and fixes:
- Fixed issue where some drum pads would hang until the kit was changed
- Improved the reliability of the firmware updater. Make sure to keep your BLOCKS up-to-date!