I think this is going to be really quite amazing to play with, I can’t wait to try it out! Here’s the app’s description …
vidibox is a new and different kind of video remixing app for iPad that lets users create real-time music and video projects from an intuitive drum pad interface.
It gives DJs, VJs, installation artists, digital storytellers, video mashup fans and music lovers the ability to express themselves easily with intuitive, professional quality video and audio mixing.
Designed expressly for iPad, the vidibox interface is extremely easy to use, yet allows for very high quality editing.
- Transparent drum pad interface. Slots can contain audio, video or both.
- Easy media import and arranging via drag and drop to slots.
- Audio and video can be imported separately.
- Play up to 16 tracks simultaneously, freestyle or quantized to the BPM.
- An automatic video composition engine displays multiple videos at once.
- Choose from several video composition layouts.
- Audio and video FX bank.
- Trim and organize media with simple, intuitive gestures.
- Hold, trigger or loop media.
- External screen support to display projects with the app hidden.
- Record videos of performances in real time and easily share them.
- Compress vidibox projects and share them on Dropbox.
- Audiobus support.
- MIDI in/out support via CoreMidi.
vidibox is compatible with all iPad models from iPad 2 up, and demonstrates particularly high performance on the iPad 4th generation, iPad Air and iPad Mini Retina models.
vidibox is priced at $9.99.
vidibox is a new creative application which delivers real-time music and video mixing from an intuitive interface that lets users import, record and play audio and video tracks using a transparent drum pad. It brings new avenues of creative expression to musicians, DJs, VJs, video and digital artists.
The Modern DJ posts video and links to reviews on the new vjay app from Algoriddim. Find it all here.
☆ INTRODUCTORY SALE: 50% OFF FOR A LIMITED TIME ☆
Introducing vjay – see, hear, and touch the future! vjay transforms your iPad into a cutting-edge mashup machine, directly integrated with the media libraries on your iPad. Mix and scratch your favorite music videos from iTunes or combine songs from your music library with personal video footage into an interactive audio visual experience. You can even use your iPad’s built-in camera to add your very own clips to the mix. The first of its kind on the iPad, vjay lets you get creative with your content, display directly to a TV, stream wirelessly via Apple TV, or record your performances live to share on your favorite social channels.
vjay combines the worlds of music and video in an innovative and creative way, it paves the way for the next generation of personal and professional video creativity, it is the start of the next era of music videos as we know it.
- Media Access – Create stunning mashups using all your media on your iPad, including videos, music, and footage from camera roll. vjay also comes with a free bundle of pre-loaded music video and high-quality footage.
- Real-time video transitions, audio visuals effects – vjay comes with stunning audio & video effects, looping tools, visual transitions, and real-time VideoScratch™.
- Live movie recording and sharing – With a simple touch of a button, easily save your mashups to the iPad in real-time and share with friends.
- Support for external displays – Easily plug into a TV and stream videos wirelessly to Apple TV.
- Built-in camera integration – Quickly record your own video clips using the built-in iPad camera and add them to your mixes on the fly
- Integration with iTunes Store – browse, search, preview and purchase music videos on iTunes from within the app.
- Requires iPad 2 or later running iOS 5 or higher. Enhanced for the new iPad.
- Direct access to user’s media on the device (music videos, movies, camera roll footage, music)
- iTunes Store integration (search, browse, preview and purchase artist music videos)
- Built-in camera integration
- Video Transitions
- Audio Visual Effects
- Live recording with direct export of movie files to the iPad’s media library
- Fullscreen mode
- Support for external displays through Digital AV Adapter (HDMI) and AirPlay for streaming video and audio
- Audio Visual 2D FX Pad
- Colorized EQ
- Slow-motion (time stretching)
- Split A/V crossfade mode (crossfade video independently from audio, and vice versa)
- Advanced Audio Tools: Waveforms, Auto-Gain, Automatic Beat and Tempo Detection, Beat-matching, Slicing, Auto-Sync, Pitch-bending, Cue Point, Looping, Speed Change, Reverse Playback
Supported external hardware (optional):
- External displays and TVs through Digital AV Adapter (HDMI)
- Apple TV + AirPlay enabled AV receivers
- Numark iDJ Live controller
- Griffin DJ Cable
iPads at the Apple Store
From the maker of the truly amazing TouchOSC comes a VJ app which promises to be just as good as TouchOSC.
Here’s the app’s description:
TouchViZ is a professional, portable VJ system for iPad 2.
At home or in the club, professionally or just for fun, you can now create impressive visuals straight from your iPad.
- Import up to 125 videos into your set via iTunes File Sharing or from the iPad’s library
- Playback and mix two channels of video with independent playback speed control
- Display the output on an external screen or projector using any iPad-compatible video-out adapter
- Use the iPad’s front and back-facing cameras as input to integrate live footage into your set
- Apply one of 17 effect filters to each channel and the master output
- Control effect parameters using the multi-touch enabled preview area
- Preview the output in full-screen on the iPad
- Save and load your set to recall, backup or transfer sets between iPads using iTunes File Sharing
- Configure the interface layout to your preference
- 10 demo clips by hexler and pixeldelay included
- CoreMIDI support allows full control of TouchViZ wirelessly using OS X CoreMIDI Network sessions, using iPad MIDI interfaces such as iRig MIDI, iConnectMIDI, MIDI Mobilizer II, Yamaha i-MX1, or by connecting a compatible USB MIDI-controller using the iPad Camera Connection Kit
- Open Sound Control support allows full control of TouchViZ over WiFi from any application that supports OSC such as Max/MSP, PureData, Max4Live, TouchOSC and others
- Built on the latest iOS 5 and OpenGL ES 2.0 technology
…and many, many more features to be added in future updates!
The app is priced at $9.99
iPads at the Apple Store
This looks like it might be a lot of fun and useful too. I’m very tempted.
Suited for both hobby and professional use, COLORCODE VJ quickly turns your iPad into a VJ tool.At your home or at an event, it’s never been easier to become a VJ!
Limited time offer! About 45% off discount.
COLORCODE VJ can switch and display movies, images, and texts. You can also output to external displays via separately available adapters (*1).
What you can do with COLORCODE VJ
- Load, mix, and output movie files. (You can display up to 2 movies simultaneously)
- Overlay PNG image files. You can move the images by touching on the screen, or preset the movement in advance. PNG transparency is supported.
- Display texts. Like images, texts can also be moved.
- Play tracks in your iPad’s library as BGM (*2).
- Output to external displays such as your TV, PC monitor, and projector. (*1)
- Works with most recent LCD TVs!
- As part of a full-fledged VJ equipment set.
- You can even get up on the stage with your iPad while VJing!
- As a VJ tool for musicians.
- COLORCODE VJ offers musicians a quick way to play movies in addition to their instruments.
- Take control of both music and images to add depth to your expression!
- As a party tool
- Simply hook up your iPad to a TV or monitor and start VJing!
- With iPad 2, you can also show movies that were filmed with your iPad.
- A video slideshow? No problem!
- As a presentation tool
- While there are many presentation tools for iPad, COLORCODE VJ may be the one for you when a simple slideshow just doesn’t cut it.
- Tweak your presentation to match the atmosphere for a successful presentation!
- As a simple digital signage
- Connect your iPad to a monitor and play movies for in-store promotions.
COLORCODE VJ Basics
- COLORCODE VJ has 2 modes of operation.
- Edit mode for preparing your VJ play, and Play mode for performing the actual VJ play.
- Note that output to external display will be disabled under Edit mode.
- Is an external display a must? Absolutely not!
- COLORCODE VJ will work perfectly fine with just your iPad.
- It’s a lot more fun with an external monitor though!
- In iPad 1, since there are few memories and the capability of CPU is also low, the COLORCODEVJ cannot run comfortably.
- We stongly recommend to use with iPad2, because of the hardware limitations (lack of CPU power and available memory) of iPad 1
Sample filesMovies and images provided with COLORCODE VJ are for use within the app only. Contact the respective creator if you wish to use the materials for any other purpose. The material is premised on using on iPad2.
The app is priced at $13.99 (45% off launch offer).
iPads at the Apple Store