Patch Base is a very useful app for anyone who has classic hardware. Personally I use it for my CZ101 and it works really well. In version 2.6 Patch Base adds:
Editors for 4 classic Roland synths:
Each synth features a separate editor for Patches (regular synth voices) and Rhythm Patches (drum kits)!
I do like saying that, and I really don’t get enough opportunities to do so. In version 1.1 GridComposer adds Audiobus and Inter-App Audio support. Now you can stream live audio directly to other Audiobus and IAA compatible apps! Also 1.1 brings improved Midi support. You can now send notes via Core-MIDI to other apps.
Version 2.2 of Sonic Logic brings Audiobus 3 compatibility. Sonic Logic can now act as a MIDI source for Audiobus 3, which is fantastic. In addition the update also improves Sonic Logic’s performance.
What’s more the subsequent version 2.2.1 fixes an issue where MIDI messages sent to Audiobus could be missing some data. Nice!
Reactable’s awesome little MIDI sequencer for iOS gets even better. Here’s what’s new in version 1.2:
- You can now send MIDI via Bluetooth Low Energy to any iOS or Mac devices. (For iOS devices this means at least iOS 8 and for Macs it means at least Yosemite)
- You can transpose the octave for a greater range of playback. Easily visualize which octave you’re in betwen our -3 to 3 range.
- You can now visualise rests in “Target Mode”.
“We also added a nice new way to open or close all the steps. Just drag your finger up or down the “Gate Modes” button. This lets you work even faster when changing sequences live.
And last but not least we solved some bugs that were causing a few crashes here and there.”
STEPS – MIDI Sequencer:
IceWorks have brought us great apps for years now including Argon, Cassini, Laplace, Lorentz, Mersenne and Xenon. Redshrike is another excellent synth and version 2.0 brings some excellent new feature. Here’s what’s new:
- Universal App : Optimized for iPad and iPhone
- Audio Unit Extensions (AUv3) compatible
- Support for Audiobus State Saving
- Exporting and importing of presets via Share extensions
- Swing parameter in the arpeggiator
- Improved MIDI mapping function
The truly flexible swiss army knife of MIDI on iOS gets another excellent update in version 2.9. Here’s what’s new in MDP2.9:
2.9 is a major release focusing on panels, smaller new features and fixes.
- NEW: Panel Channel and Starting CC (thanks Todd)… see midiDR.com/panelChannel
- NEW: Panels can be grouping or not grouping (‘Panel Controls’ toggle, thanks Terry and others)
- NEW: Changed Snap to Value and Snap to Default Value timer under the hood to allow for smaller values to work properly (thanks Steven!)
- ADDED: Song Select MIDI message for Songbook and other apps (thanks Peter)
- ADDED: 4-byte device ID Roland Sysex Checksum (thanks fingerstyler)
- FIXED: Reappearing MIDI Dude
- FIXED: Picker values not being set/shown properly on layout load (thanks Michel!)
- FIXED: Buttons with no label showing “Distortion 1” (thanks Gary!)
- FIXED: Page Jump buttons on other side on phone not working (thanks Scott!)
- FIXED: iPhone 6, 6+, 7, 7+ not showing arrows
- FIXED: iPhone default layout not centered
- FIXED: Panel layering didn’t make much sense (Thanks Michel!)
- FIXED: Panel selection and multiline-label control slowness. See mididr.com/qa/5820 for details (thanks Byron)
- FIXED: Bug in Channel Changers with no presets overriding presets (thanks Giovanni)
- FIXED: Bug on first load with controls that bridge left and right pages (iPad only, thanks Michel!)
You probably know that I like Intermorphic’s stuff. So I’m really pleased to see even more goodies come to Wotja in version 4.6, which follows hot on the heals of 4.5 only just over 2 weeks ago. Here’s what’s new.
This is a feature update that adds support for WAV/MIDI mixdown recording. It is available from the “Mixdown & Recordings” screen accessed from Mix tab Action menu. Thanks for the customer feedback and we hope you enjoy it!
- Mixdown & Recordings screen.
- Set the number of bars (1-100) you want to record and make 44KHz stereo WAV or MIDI mixdown recordings.
- Recordings can be previewed in the “Mixdown & Recordings” screen.
- Recordings are saved to the Wotja iCloud folder or Wotja folder depending on the “Use iCloud” setting (iOS > Settings > Wotja > Use iCloud).
Note: Mixdown recordings are not live recordings and they are made as fast as your device allows. To be made they require sufficient device memory to be available.
- Fixed issue introduced in 4.5 related to create playlist file.
- Fixed Play/Stop issue for VoiceOver users.
- Minor bug fixes.
Auxy 3.5 brings some nice new features. Here’s what’s new:
- Exporting a project now creates a link that you can easily share and open
- Project export has been moved to the track export menu
- Improved performance when browsing projects
- Added option for sorting projects by creation date
- Select and edit any note without changing the grid setting
- New ‘How To’ section with updated tutorials
AUM is a wildly popular app and not without its own complexity. It’s been over a year since the last update, but 1.2 makes up for it. It’s a huge update. Here are the details:
- Min/max range mapping for MIDI param controls.
- MIDI toggle-params: option for auto-toggle on/off, useful for momentary MIDI cc buttons.
- The IAA output ports are now instrument type instead of generators, and supports MIDI reception.
- Match any MMC device ID, fixes unresponsiveness with some MMC controllers.
- Allow A2DP (high quality bluetooth audio) and AirPlay output on iOS 10.
- Add transpose setting for IAA/AU synths.
- Forward sysex to hosted IAA and AUv3 nodes.
- New Allpass filter nodes, mainly useful for acoustic engineers.
- DSP meter: display peak instead of average.
NOTE: This will show higher (but more accurate) readings than before for the same DSP usage!
- FilePlayer picker: scroll last file to center instead of bottom.
- Improve unsolo-logic for busses.
- Allow tapping value labels in built in plugin views for keyboard entry.
- Show MIDI routing matrix and Help in separate larger window on iPad.
- Recordings browser: show file extension in subtitle.
- Grey out TXT and ZIP files in recordings folder.
- Fix iPhone layout issues when launched from other landscape app.
- Don’t auto-show keyboard on iPhone landscape rotation.
- Fix bug where changing a bypassed node would make the new node unbypassed.
- Fix MIDI control of gain and clip nodes.
- Fix for issues when loading large sessions.
- Improved support for Audiobus 3. (Requires Audiobus 3.0.1 or later)
About 6 weeks since the launch of AB3 comes an update with fixes and some new things too. A nice little gift. Here’s what’s new:
- Added a clear session button: Please clear session before closing Audiobus.
- Improved labels for Hardware MIDI Input and Output ports
- Added 64 samples latency option
- Double tapping mixer volume slider resets value to 0dB*
- Double tapping mixer pan knob resets pan
- Fixed state loading issues with MidiFlow Apps
- Fixed background launching issues
- Fixed a crash when loading presets
- Fixed errors with multi instance MIDI receiver ports
- Fixed broken Audio Unit Extension view in iPhone Portrait
- Receiver apps show system inputs correctly
- Fixed crash when apps with missing ports where added to MIDI Input