Now this does look like a lot of fun …
Introducing a finger-drumming enhanced version of Remixlive that can be played like an instrument. We also added a loop-based sequencer and a full-screen waveform, plus a redesign of all the main views.
Let us know what you think and feel free to leave a review if you like this new version. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter any issue.
Brand new finger-drumming mode:
- Now with an additional “Drum” grid including extra one-shot samples.
- Record finger-drumming patterns directly into the “Loop” grid.
Zoom waveform view:
- Full-screen waveform for accurate slicing & editing.
- Edit ADSR & BPM parameters with just a few taps.
Complete design overhaul:
- Access track, pad and pattern recordings from the topbar.
- Redesign of the mixer, FX and sample edit views.
IceWorks brings us version 2 of their excellent Mersenne Synthesizer.
Here’s what’s new in version 2:
- Universal App : Optimized for iPad and iPhone
- Audio Unit Extensions (AUv3) compatible
- Support for Audiobus State Saving
- Exporting and importing of presets via Share extensions
- Add Swing parameter to the arpeggiator
- Improved MIDI mapping function
- Support for Bluetooth MIDI Devices
- Add Grain and Attack parameters to the Noise
KQ MiniSynth 1.8 is a big one, with AB3, new modules, Link and much more. What’s more the app has dropped in price from $5.99 to $3.99. Here’s the whole list of what’s new in this release.
- Modified the synth engine.
- Added Polyphonic Noise feature.
- Added modules: 8 Step Sequencer (CV/Gate), Loop Gate, CV Mixer, Dry / Wet Mixer, LFO (Tempo Sync), Toggle, Const Value.
- You can disconnect all cables which are connected to a connector when you tap the connector twice.
- Changed a Clipboard behaviour
- Changed a behaviour when Audiobus connected.
- Bugfix: Something was wrong when the sample rate is not 44100 Hz.
- Bugfix: Could not record.
- Supports Audiobus 3.
- Ableton Link integration
KQ MiniSynth on the app store:
Whilst it’s the only (current) app that IrcamLab has put on iOS it’s an interesting one, and version 2 adds some good stuff. Here’s what’s new:
Version 2 offers an additional guitar tuning mode (GT) that is available in the tuning view. Just tap on a dedicated string name, play a note and adjust the guitar tuning accordingly.
Another major improvement is the new split window mode. Whenever you do any adjustments to parameters you now see how the edits affect the visualization in the upper section. This works in both visualization modes – snail and tuning view.
Also the price has gone up to $1.99:
Announced in this blog post, both TouchOSC and TouchViZ get updated.
With TouchViZ this is what’s new:
- Recording — Capture a video of the master output and use in your set immediately or transfer later
- Camera autofocus control — New option to control the autofocus behaviour of the camera live-feed
- Bug fixes — No more crashes when browsing the photo library
They also said: “We have more new features planned! If you enjoy the app and would like to see more free updates and continued development, please consider leaving a review and rating! Thank you for supporting us!”
And the TouchOSC update:
- Added dedicated Tab bar labels
- Added option to send XY / Multi-XY control values in reversed order
- Added option to disable/enable Push button control push/release messages separately
- Minor improvements and bug fixes
Be sure to also update to the newest version of the TouchOSC Editor at https://hexler.net/touchosc#downloads
TouchOSC on the app store:
TouchViZ on the app store:
AudioShare is one of the best apps for handling audio around. It’s a real swiss army knife and it’s been a constant utility for me for since it launched. Here’s what’s new in the latest version:
- Allow high quality Bluetooth Audio (A2DP) and AirPlay output.
- Add setting for M4A AAC bitrate.
- Add M4A ALAC (Apple Lossless) format.
- Only check for old trash once a week.
- Auto-play next file when using preview-play button in Library (if LOOP is not enabled).
- Improve info about opened file (lossless, bit rate, etc).
- Update to Audiobus SDK 3.
- Update to AudioCopy SDK 3.4
- Switched to new Dropbox API 2.
- Hopefully fix rare Trash crash.
- Fixes for sample rate adaption.
- Improve Music Library import.
- Various minor tweaks and fixes.
VirSyn’s Harmony Eight is on my list to try out, but even before I got there they’ve updated it just 12 days post launch. Here’s what’s new:
- New pitch shifting algorithms for transient and drum sounds
- Smooth tape style emulation of delay and tempo changes
- MIDI Learn for harmony parameters fixed
- Equalizer GUI update problem fixed
csGrain’s last two updates have brought some nice new toys. Mainly Dropbox and AB3, but that’s not all. Here’s the list:
- Dropbox support update
- AudioBus 3.0 support
- GUI Updates
- Link to Current Csound Manual Online
- Silence Main Audio on Auxiliary Views
- Bug Fixes
Oh, and in 1.4.3:
- Audiobus updates, fixes
- Dropbox fixes
csGrain on the app store:
Jam Maestro 3.4.2 brings AB3 support and much more. Here’s what’s new:
- Audiobus 3 support added. Using AB3 you can now hijack any instrument and turn it into a midi instrument. Both midi in and out supported for each track.
- Audiobus panel moved to the left side
- Mixer screen now has an ‘automated’ label if an instrument’s volume or panning is being controlled by automation
- PDF/Txt exporting now trims blank bars from start and end of an instrument
- PDF font size increased at smaller scales
- Fix for Bass instruments being silent if instrument order is not contiguous
- Dropbox API V2 support