Whilst it’s the only (current) app that IrcamLab has put on iOS it’s an interesting one, and version 2 adds some good stuff. Here’s what’s new:
Version 2 offers an additional guitar tuning mode (GT) that is available in the tuning view. Just tap on a dedicated string name, play a note and adjust the guitar tuning accordingly.
Another major improvement is the new split window mode. Whenever you do any adjustments to parameters you now see how the edits affect the visualization in the upper section. This works in both visualization modes – snail and tuning view.
Also the price has gone up to $1.99:
Announced in this blog post, both TouchOSC and TouchViZ get updated.
With TouchViZ this is what’s new:
- Recording — Capture a video of the master output and use in your set immediately or transfer later
- Camera autofocus control — New option to control the autofocus behaviour of the camera live-feed
- Bug fixes — No more crashes when browsing the photo library
They also said: “We have more new features planned! If you enjoy the app and would like to see more free updates and continued development, please consider leaving a review and rating! Thank you for supporting us!”
And the TouchOSC update:
- Added dedicated Tab bar labels
- Added option to send XY / Multi-XY control values in reversed order
- Added option to disable/enable Push button control push/release messages separately
- Minor improvements and bug fixes
Be sure to also update to the newest version of the TouchOSC Editor at https://hexler.net/touchosc#downloads
TouchOSC on the app store:
TouchViZ on the app store:
AudioShare is one of the best apps for handling audio around. It’s a real swiss army knife and it’s been a constant utility for me for since it launched. Here’s what’s new in the latest version:
- Allow high quality Bluetooth Audio (A2DP) and AirPlay output.
- Add setting for M4A AAC bitrate.
- Add M4A ALAC (Apple Lossless) format.
- Only check for old trash once a week.
- Auto-play next file when using preview-play button in Library (if LOOP is not enabled).
- Improve info about opened file (lossless, bit rate, etc).
- Update to Audiobus SDK 3.
- Update to AudioCopy SDK 3.4
- Switched to new Dropbox API 2.
- Hopefully fix rare Trash crash.
- Fixes for sample rate adaption.
- Improve Music Library import.
- Various minor tweaks and fixes.
VirSyn’s Harmony Eight is on my list to try out, but even before I got there they’ve updated it just 12 days post launch. Here’s what’s new:
- New pitch shifting algorithms for transient and drum sounds
- Smooth tape style emulation of delay and tempo changes
- MIDI Learn for harmony parameters fixed
- Equalizer GUI update problem fixed
csGrain’s last two updates have brought some nice new toys. Mainly Dropbox and AB3, but that’s not all. Here’s the list:
- Dropbox support update
- AudioBus 3.0 support
- GUI Updates
- Link to Current Csound Manual Online
- Silence Main Audio on Auxiliary Views
- Bug Fixes
Oh, and in 1.4.3:
- Audiobus updates, fixes
- Dropbox fixes
csGrain on the app store:
Jam Maestro 3.4.2 brings AB3 support and much more. Here’s what’s new:
- Audiobus 3 support added. Using AB3 you can now hijack any instrument and turn it into a midi instrument. Both midi in and out supported for each track.
- Audiobus panel moved to the left side
- Mixer screen now has an ‘automated’ label if an instrument’s volume or panning is being controlled by automation
- PDF/Txt exporting now trims blank bars from start and end of an instrument
- PDF font size increased at smaller scales
- Fix for Bass instruments being silent if instrument order is not contiguous
- Dropbox API V2 support