Reminder: Buy apps from the sites and blogs you love Just a regular reminder that if you want to help support the blogs and sites that make up the mobile music community please do consider buying your apps using the iTunes links you find on those sites (including this one of course).
Just so you’re aware, I’ve updated my post on MMM2017 with some corrections and additions. It’s also got links to the conference site which will be updated with photos and video in due course.
Considering we only just had an update to BeatHawk last month it is a bit of a surprise to find version 2.0 today. And it’s a massive update too. Here’s what’s new:
- NEW! Now available for iPhone (5 and newer)
- NEW! Interface optimized for each iPhone device
- NEW! Now available as an AudioUnit V3 plugin
- NEW! Piano Roll Editor for writing and editing Note and MIDI CC
- NEW! Support for Ableton Link
- NEW! Export as Ableton Live project
- NEW! Automate parameters with MIDI Learn
- NEW! Paste audio directly to pads with AudioCopy
- NEW! Copy/Paste pads with clipboard
- NEW! Scale selection in Pitch Mode
- NEW! Loops Markers in Song Mode
- NEW! Accelerometer Velocity and 3D Touch support
- UPDATE! Improved readability in UI
- UPDATE! Improved help section
- UPDATE! MIDI channel support added to preferences
- UPDATE! Improved In-App purchase experience
- UPDATE! AudioCopy updated to v3.2
- UPDATE! Support for multiple touches on a single pad
- UPDATE! Pattern change during playback now snaps to bar
- UPDATE! Mutes now record in Song mode
- FIX! Added hard fixes per IAA / AUv3 host (Auria, Cubasis)
This last weekend I was lucky enough to be at MMM2017 in Berlin. It was a fantastic experience and I have loads to share with you about it including loads of photos and news. But it’s going to take me a couple of days to get it all written up. So check back and I’ll give you all the news from MMM2017 very soon, and by the end of the week at the latest. Promise!
Version 2.5 of Navichord brings a really big set of new features, minor updates, and fixes too. What’s more Navichord is half price at the moment at $3.99.
Here’s what’s new:
- New preset format includes all settings (scale, pads, MIDI, Audio, UI)
- Audiobus state saving
- Improved Pad Edit – rearrange pads by dragging, easy transpose, delete and chord generation buttons
- MIDI clock input and output
- Color themes
- Improved Settings structure and appearance
- Improved Toolbars structure and appearance
- Selectable accidentals (sharps, flats, auto)
- Lock scale to white keys (use onscreen white keys to play any scale)
- Note names changed to lowercase
- Added a simple mixer for internal instruments
- Help section updated – chord shapes are back
- Ableton Link quantum is changed from 1 bar to the length of the chord sequence
- Grid hold is changed to latch
- Added Bluetooth MIDI support
- Fixed Play button not working when loaded into Audiobus with other apps
- Allowed simultaneous input and output from the same MIDI device
- Fixed occasional choppiness when changing chords
If indeed you had noticed. I’ve been having one or two technical problems, mainly in the form of my old (not really that old) mac giving up on Saturday. Not much fun to say the least!
Anyway, I’m getting back to normal now and regular posting will resume.
The next thing from VirSyn is a very cool looking audio slicing machine that’s universal and comes with loads of features. Here’s what VirSyn have to say about it …
Slice your audio samples with ReSlice and create flexible musical atoms which can be triggered by MIDI notes or the touch of your fingers.
The polyrhythm Arpeggiator redefines the art of creating new loops from the extracted slices.
Record live or import audio from clipboard or AudioShare to break it up into its rhythmic components.
Apply the intelligent slice parameter and Arpeggio randomizer for instant creation of the unheard.
- Automatic break up of sample/drum loop into up to 32 slices
- Edit slice positions.
- Edit level, pan, pitch and envelope for each slice
- Import audio from clipboard or AudioShare
- Record audio for instant slicing and reusing in realtime
- Seven studio standard effects concurrently usable:
- Oversampled distortion with four different algorithms for antialiased sound.
- Lowpass / Highpass / Bandpass parametric equalizer
- 8 pole analog Phaser
- Four line chorus
- Stereo/Ping-Pong delay with glitch free delay time change.
- Hi end reverberation unit.
Four part Polyrhythm Arpeggiator
- Uses programmable sequences with up to 32 steps.
- Trigger slices using 4 arpeggio parts with different settings
- Unique randomizer generates Arpeggios with 100% usability.
- Factory arpeggios included, unlimited user arpeggios possible.
- AUv3 AudioUnit
- Inter App Audio
- Audiobus 2 support with state saving.
- Play slices live with the onscreen keyboard.
- Can use CoreMIDI compatible MIDI Keyboard.
- Audio recorder with share function.
- Share user presets.
- Support for virtual MIDI input connections.
- Multichannel MIDI Learn for external MIDI controllers.
- MIDI Tempo sync. Start/Stop Arpeggio.
- Ableton Link compatible.
ReSlice is on the app store for $9.99 which is introductory price: