At first glance I thought this app looked to have a lot of features that other apps such as iMaschine or LaunchPad would also offer. Which is fine, there’s nothing wrong with some competition.
However, I do like the idea of being able to Slice sounds using 3 distinct modes for sampling found in classic samplers. I’m not sure what that’s like or how it sounds as I don’t have the app as yet, but it could be quite entertaining.
For now, here are the details of the app:
To celebrate the launch of our new app Slicr, we are offering it on sale for $5.99 for the month of December with 3 free sample packs for Trap, Hip-Hop and Electronic music, as well as a new sample pack from Mr.Carmack for purchase for your slicing and chopping.
SLICR MUSIC PRODUCTION APP for iPad and iPhone
Slice Beats, Remix, Recycle, Design, DJ, Compose, & Share
// MAKE, SEE, HEAR
Turn your iOS device into a professional sample slicing and chopping beat making music production tool with DJ FX mode, and live arrangements similar to Ableton Live. Slicr includes everything you need to create a beat quickly and easily, including 4 banks of samples/slices, built-in effects, plus the ability to create new sequences, loops and record and overdub beats. With more than 600 free samples, and 10 editable template songs, Slicr is the first app to feature a Wave View drum pad which allows you to easily distinguish sounds on pads and read waveforms.
Import sounds from your iTunes Library, custom sample libraries or collect more than 600 free high-quality, professionally recorded samples of hard hitting drums, luscious synths, and smooth bass and 808s for Electronic, Trap and Hip-Hop music from cutting edge producers like Mr.Carmack. Loops from vintage synths, rare tape recordings, field recordings and foley are also included. Slicr will be updated monthly with new sound packs.
Use up to three slicing modes to repurpose your music library and your own custom sample collection for remixes and sample-chopped beats. Combine your chops with Slicr Sounds and you’re ready to slice beats like Kanye!
- Region Slice mode allows you to chop a sample into equally sized slices.
- Auto Slice Mode allows you to detect and intelligently position slice points within a sample.
- Manual Mode allows you to swipe to place slice markers directly on the waveform.
- More than 600 samples and 10 template songs
- Use 16 Wave View drum pads for real-time drum sequencing on your iOS device. Load up to 64 samples
- Exclusive free Slicr Sounds pack
- Includes in-app purchases for extra packs from Mr.Carmack
- Sample from music library or import your own library
- Slice sounds using 3 distinct modes for sampling found in classic samplers
- Export your loop based arrangement in real-time in DJ mode.
- Transfer recordings to your computer via iTunes
- Route FX through slices individually
- Share your Slicr Kits and selections with others via Slicr’s Kit Feed
- Pitch slices up and down for classic sampler pitching
- Create new sequences, record and overdub beats
- Live Loop queuing for real-time performance and playback
- Simple drag and drop sound selection with audio preview
- Built-in effects: delay, distortion, reverb
- One shot/Hold mode: cutoff the sound when you lift off the device
- Choke Groups: A pad’s sample will cut off another sample if its in the same choke group
- Quantize Time correct: 1/4 note – 1/32
- Glitch Master effect – 1/16 – 1/4
- Delay Fade Master effect
- Highpass and Lowpass Filter Master effect
- Varispeed pitching with Lock and Drop (pitch drop 1/1 – 1/4) modes
- Change the colors of the pads to your liking
- No matter which iOS device you use, Slicr adapts to your screen size
// SEE YOUR MUSIC
Utilize your iTunes Library of songs for remixing! Import songs from your iTunes Library, Slicr sound packs, and your own “.wav” samples to the “CRATE”. Then collect and edit snippets of songs for reuse in sample based beats, remixes and mashups.
// EXPERT CONTROLS
Applying and routing reverb, delay and distortion can be done to a single slice or to multiple slices. Add some smoothness and control with the one-shot/hold mode and choke groups.
Slicr costs $5.99 on the app store: