This is a really interesting idea and a very different take on gestural control. I can see that this could be really useful for guitarists. I’m inclined to give it a go myself too, especially with Audiobus integration.
Vulse is the only app that lets you control effects WHILE you play by touching your screen and rotating your guitar.
- Mix and match combinations of effects like Wah, Pitch Shift, and Echo.
- Put Vulse in sequence with other apps using Audiobus & Inter-App Audio
- Assign effects to the X and Y touch coordinates and the angle of your phone’s rotation
- Multi-touch and hold-off mode enable completely new ways of interacting with your effects, creating sounds that are impossible to make using a physical effect pedal or whammy bar
- Dedicated kill switch and bypass button on the Play screen
- Wave visualizer and glow effects on the Play screen make Vulse more visually captivating than any physical effect pedal ever made
First bring your iPhone within reach by temporarily affixing it to the face of your guitar, using a micro-suction phone case, hook-and-loop tape, or any other method you prefer. Then plug in your guitar using an adapter like iRig or JAM. Now you’re ready to create completely original sounds using Vulse!
Vulse is free on the app store (couldn’t see any IAPs):