You might know ström if you know any of Mr HumbleTune’s other apps such as STRNG, ShapeSynth, nils, or frekvens. However, ström is less well know. Before I go into details of the update though, here’s what the app is actually about:
“Ström is a minimalistic streaming internet radio. It is capable of playing the formats mp3, wav, aifc, aiff, m4a, mp4, caf and aac. Ström comes preset with fluid radio, lake radio and swedish radio p1, p2 and p3, but these can easily be changed to the user’s choice. Of course, ström is also capable of playing streams of a finite length.”
In the latest update it’s added:
- Improving streaming engine.
- Adding inter app audio.
- Adding 64 bit processor support.
The most interesting of which is IAA. So I think I’ll have to revisit it, and you might want to as yet, as it is free.
Lofionic Mani is a rich and evocative analogue-modelled chorus effect for iOS, supporting AudioUnit, Inter-App Audio and AudioBus. In addition to the standard mix, rate and depth controls, Mani adds a switchable feedback control, for metallic flanger-like effects, and a pre-delay switch for extra body.
Lofionic Mani costs $0.99 on the app store:
The next thing from VirSyn is a very cool looking audio slicing machine that’s universal and comes with loads of features. Here’s what VirSyn have to say about it …
Slice your audio samples with ReSlice and create flexible musical atoms which can be triggered by MIDI notes or the touch of your fingers.
The polyrhythm Arpeggiator redefines the art of creating new loops from the extracted slices.
Record live or import audio from clipboard or AudioShare to break it up into its rhythmic components.
Apply the intelligent slice parameter and Arpeggio randomizer for instant creation of the unheard.
- Automatic break up of sample/drum loop into up to 32 slices
- Edit slice positions.
- Edit level, pan, pitch and envelope for each slice
- Import audio from clipboard or AudioShare
- Record audio for instant slicing and reusing in realtime
- Seven studio standard effects concurrently usable:
- Oversampled distortion with four different algorithms for antialiased sound.
- Lowpass / Highpass / Bandpass parametric equalizer
- 8 pole analog Phaser
- Four line chorus
- Stereo/Ping-Pong delay with glitch free delay time change.
- Hi end reverberation unit.
Four part Polyrhythm Arpeggiator
- Uses programmable sequences with up to 32 steps.
- Trigger slices using 4 arpeggio parts with different settings
- Unique randomizer generates Arpeggios with 100% usability.
- Factory arpeggios included, unlimited user arpeggios possible.
- AUv3 AudioUnit
- Inter App Audio
- Audiobus 2 support with state saving.
- Play slices live with the onscreen keyboard.
- Can use CoreMIDI compatible MIDI Keyboard.
- Audio recorder with share function.
- Share user presets.
- Support for virtual MIDI input connections.
- Multichannel MIDI Learn for external MIDI controllers.
- MIDI Tempo sync. Start/Stop Arpeggio.
- Ableton Link compatible.
ReSlice is on the app store for $9.99 which is introductory price:
After being very sucessful on Android Audio Evolution Mobile comes to iOS with an impressive range of features.
Record your ideas on the go or create entire music productions from scratch, we’ll leave it up to you! This app is a portable multitrack audio and MIDI recording studio featuring virtual instruments, editing with unlimited undo/redo, mixing, real-time effects, automation and much more!
Note that this is our initial release and we’d appreciate any feedback or bug reports! We are highly responsive to customer feedback.
- Multitrack audio recording / playback
- MIDI sequencing with piano roll editor
- Drum pattern editor
- Inter-app audio effects and instruments
- AudioBus support (including AudioBus remote)
- Audio Unit v3 instruments and effects displayed directly in the app
- Non-linear editing with move, trim, split, cut/copy/paste, remove, cross-fade, etc. with full undo/redo
- Virtual instruments (comes with free instruments and more instrument packs to download with in-app purchase)
- Wide range of downloadable loops available (free and paid)
- Clip volume and fade points
- Loop playback
- Automation of mixer and effect parameters
- Mix-down to WAV, AIFF and ALAC
- Punch in/out
- Zoom down to the sample
- Each track has controls for volume, panning, mute, solo, arm, 3-band EQ with mid-sweep, 3 insert effects, 2 effect sends and output bus selection
- Unlimited number of tracks (more than 3 requires the PRO in-app purchase)
- Unlimited number of groups (requires the PRO in-app purchase)
- Real-time effects including: chorus, compressor, delay, dual delay, reverse delay, reverb, flanger, noise gate and many more!
- Offline effects: fade in/out, normalize, reverse, pitch shift, time stretching
- Several grid options for aligning your samples (with tempo and time signature settings)
- Projects are interchangeable with our Android version
- Export to other DAW’s by rendering all tracks to separate audio files (stems)
- Media server to access your files easily from a desktop computer
In short: a complete portable multitrack music studio that will replace your fourtrack recorder or tape machine!
The following in-app purchases are available to expand your studio:
- FX pack 1 (distortion, overdrive, speaker sim, wah wah, phaser)
- FX pack 2 (10-, 15-, 30-band graphic EQ)
- ToneBoosters effect pack 1 (Barricade, DeEsser, Gate, Reverb)
- ToneBoosters EQ with frequency analyzer
- ToneBoosters Compressor
- Autotune with two-voice harmonizer
- Soundfont instrument packs
- Loop packs from Function Loops
Audio Evolution Mobile Studio is free on the app store (with IAPs):
Here’s what’s new in moodscaper …
- Added support for IAA (Inter-App Audio) – moodscaper appears as a generator
- Effects on / off status saved between sessions
Introducing Modstep, Modulation Monster and the first full-blown MIDI sequencer for the iPad. Modstep allows you to create music and jam with your iPad and your favorite IAA Apps, Mac and PC software and MIDI hardware as well as the internal drum sampler and synth. Use it as the centerpiece of your setup to create and perform music on the go, in the studio and on stage.
- Full-blown MIDI sequencer with Step Sequencer and Piano Roll
- Unlimited MIDI tracks
- Audio and MIDI streaming directly via charger cable to Mac and PC using studiomux technology
- Up to 128 MIDI CCs per Track can be modulated
- Built-in drum sampler with filter, delay and reverb, fully modulateable
- Built-in synthesizer with filter, delay and reverb, fully modulateable
- Templates to control external MIDI hardware
- Template editor to create your own templates for IAA Apps, desktop Apps and external MIDI devices
- Supports all MIDI interfaces for the iPad
- Core functionality controllable via external MIDI controllers
- Works on all iPads (iPad 1 restricted to MIDI only)
- Trigger out
- Integrated IAA mixer
- Step Sequencer with active steps
- Use third party IAAs as instruments and effects within one app
iOS 8 or later
for audio and MIDI streaming to a Mac or PC, the studiomux server software is required: get the latest for free at studiomux.net
Modstep costs $19.99 on the app store:
Tiger-lily Tremolo is a two-stage harmonic and amplitude tremolo effect with variable wave-shaping and phase-offset parameters.
Built upon the tenet of simplicity, the flora project presents great sounding, lightweight audio effects using Inter-App Audio and Audiobus technologies to allow you to get the sound you want, without sacrificing processing power.
More information about the flora project can be found at http://timothy-j.com/flora
NB: Tiger-lily Tremolo requires either Audiobus or Inter-App Audio capable applications in order to operate. See http://audiob.us for more information.
Tiger-lily Tremolo costs $0.99 on the app store:
Johnny is a highly versatile stereo multiwave tremolo effect designed for Audiobus and Inter-App Audio, perfect for adding everything from classic guitar amp style tremolo to pulsating, rhythmic multiwave modulation effects for guitar, synths, voice and more. Harmonic Tremolo modes create vintage phaser and univibe like tones, you can also modulate the rate of the main LFOs with a second LFO for interesting speed sweep effects.
In addition to Audiobus and Inter-App Audio, Johnny can process external hardware by connecting a professional USB audio interface such as the Apogee Jam or Apogee ONE, and many more compatible USB interfaces. You can also use the built in headset microphone. Guitarists can use the effects live by connecting the output of their audio interface to an amp.
Johnny supports USB MIDI interfaces via the Camera Connection kit, Bluetooth MIDI (iOS 8), Virtual MIDI and WiFi connections. The MIDI Learn function lets you easily assign your MIDI controller’s knobs and sliders to control Johnny’s effect parameters.
For more info and video demos visit: http://johnnyfxapp.com
Check out our entire FX series including Caramel, Crystalline, Echo Pad, Stereo Designer and Swoopster!
- requires iOS 7.1 or later
- iPad 2, iPad Mini 1st gen or newer
- Audiobus compatible (Effect, state saving)
- Inter-App audio compatible (effect node)
- Compatible with DAW apps such as Auria, Cubasis, Garageband and Multitrack DAW
- compatible with USB audio interfaces
- Core MIDI (USB, Virtual, Wifi)
- MIDI over Bluetooth (iOS 8, receiver)
- Control Left and Right channel Tremolo Rate, Depth, Shape, and Multiwave parameters to produce everything form subtle tremolo to wildly modulated stereo tremolo effects.
- Multiple modes including Classic Tremolo and Harmonic Tremolo.
- Modulate the rate of the main LFOs with a second LFO for interesting speed sweep effects.
- BPM synced tremolo including MIDI clock sync, independent per channel or linked.
- Audiobus compatible with state saving
- Inter-app Audio compatible
- Core MIDI compatible, works with any MIDI controller via MIDI Learn
Johnny works with just about any professional iOS compatible USB audio interfaces. Here is a list of interfaces that have been tested and verified to be compatible:
- Apogee Jam and Jam96k
- Apogee Mic and Mic96k
- Apogee ONE for iPad/Mac
- Apogee DUET for iPad/Mac
- Apogee QUARTET for iPad/Mac
- iRig HD
- iRig iMic
- Focusrite Scarlett series (*requires USB hub)
- Focusrite iTrack dock
- Alesis io2
- Alesis IO Dock
- Behringer UCA202
- many more
Johnny costs $4.99 on the app store
Here’s a great resource for Inter-App-Audio apps categorised into hosts FX and instruments, thanks to audre.io for this. Also their own app looks really interesting, and I’m hoping for some more information about it in the not too distant future.
Here’s what’s new in Magellan 3.1:
- iOS 8 compatibility
- Now can use Magellan as IAA FX plugin as well
- Latest Audiobus SDK
- Audiobus state saving
- Updates to improve robustness
- Other improvements & fixes