Something new from zCage, a new guitar app a year in the making… OMGuitar12 is twelve string version of the popular OMGuitar 6 String App. Whilst I’m not big on guitar apps myself I can see the appeal of something like this and I do remember OMGuitar being well received when it first came out (back in the days of Amidio if you remember that)!
Anyway, here’s the app’s details …
- Includes 4 completely new 12-String guitar sounds!
- New strumming patterns! Replaceable background!
Plus all the features of OMGuitar: realistic strumming, 10 FX, record, MIDI, Audiobus, Remote control & More!
There is a dedicated string-picking/arpeggio interface, represented as a column of 6 buttons, which can easily be played together with the string strumming interface. Note bend effect is achieved by swiping the button area.
The glowing neon strings themselves respond to the speed of strumming and the distance between themselves and the initial screen tap. The player is supposed to strum the guitar with one finger and place the second finger on the guitar at any time for muting all the strings (this option can be turned off in the settingsmenu). With such approach, many common guitar playing techniques can be easily accomplished.
You can choose from about 300 chords to play 99% of the songs ever written. The songs are conveniently saved as chord sets and can be loaded with a single tap.
Some of the world’s best and most expensive guitar models have been sampled with great precision and act as the source for the synthesis engine. There are 6 completely different playable guitars, 3 acoustic and 3 electric. The tone can be further shaped with the 3-band equalizer.
OMGuitar has 10 built-in effects with over 50 presets: 2 types of Distortion, Reverb, Delay, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Wah-wah, Vowel filter, Compressor, Tremolo.
OMGuitar now supports external fretboard running in iPhone via the free Amidio Remote app (just like the Futulele).
- The best mobile guitar emulation ever!
- Expressive playing is now possible
- Amazing sonic quality, the sound is very impressive
- Support external freatboard (a-la Futulele app) with Amidio Remote (free iPhone app)
- Audiobus! Use it with guitar processors!
- Autoplay with LOTS of beautiful presets!
- Record to .WAV, .MIDI, export to iTunes
- Full MIDI compatibility (virtual/hardware)
- 6 guitars (3 acoustic, 3 electric)
- 10 On-board FX with 50 presets
- File Manager
- Save own chord sets
OMGuitar-12 Digital Twelve String Guitar with FX costs $1.99 on the app store now: