This was before SeekBeats got its MIDI sync.
DrumPerfect is a drum sequencer for IOS 7 that aims at creating extremely naturally sounding drum tracks for electronic music production.
DrumPerfect features three extensive editors to easily create very human-like drum sequences:
- An extensive pattern editor in which each individual drum stroke has its own velocity, timing and probability. Each pattern has its own BPM, time signature and beat subdivision settings. Multiple strokes can be linked to a single probabilistic event.
- An extensive kit editor with up to 16 different drum kits with 16 instruments each. Every instrument consists of up to 16 different user-selectable audio samples.
- An extensive song editor in which a song is built of pattern/kit events.
- The “Two-handed” and “Humanize” features give a human feel to the rhythm by modelling the human drummer restrictions and variations.
- DrumPerfect offers extensive options for audio-transfer with other apps:
- Live-audio source for other apps via Audiobus and Inter-App-Audio.
- Audio rendering/upload to AudioShare, AudioCopy2, SoundCloud and Dropbox. Both mixed and separate track export.
- Import of audio samples via iTunes or AudioPaste2.
- Midiclock sync input with midi song pointer, midi start and midi stop.
The app is priced at $14.99.
Find your iPad on the Apple Store.
FlexyDrum is a sensitive iOS Drum, use touch and device motion to control sound. 5 colours for 5 sounds, the length of your touch changes the decay while tilting the device changes the tuning. Simplicity combined with infinitesimal variations will get you room for expression.
Looks like fun to me.
The app is priced at $1.99.
So, apart from having the word ‘Robotic’ in the app’s name, and also having what is arguably one of the coolest icons for a music making app ever, what has this got going for it?
The answer = LOADS!
Read the app’s description then try and think of a reason for not having this app …
Robotic Drums is an analog modeled drum synth coupled with a probability sequencer. This special combination, makes the app suitable for live sound manipulation, sequence experimentation and regular beats. The main highlights for this app are:
- A minimalist interface, with a high emphasis in flow.
- 6 analog modeled synthesized voices.
- A probability sequencer. You control how “random” a sequence is.
- Quantized pattern switching.
- Dropbox support for saving sessions and sharing across devices.
- AudioBus support.
- Midi clock sync support.
There are 6 analog modeled synthesized voices, each with a noise and an oscillator section. This flexible configuration allows each voice to generate sounds that range from punchy bass drums, to snappy snares, to lo-fi tones, to sound effects and much else in between.
THE PROBABILITY SEQUENCER
The sequencer for each voice is based on probabilities. A step on a sequence is not just a “switch” but a measure of “how likely is this step to be triggered”. This allows for highly dynamic sequences that maintain a certain base, but never sound the same from one pass to another.
THE PATTERNS SECTION
Each session can hold 16 patterns. Switching patterns in a live situation is always controlled by a “pattern quantization” parameter, which determines when the pattern switch actually happens. This allows for pattern switches to occur exactly when expected, maintaining the musical flow of a piece.
Sessions can be saved to Dropbox, this allows to share sessions across devices or even to use as an easy method to share patches with the community.
And at just $4.99, why wouldn’t you buy this?
A drum synth for your iPad. Here’s Kraftpad, and here’s what it does:
Kraftpad is a Virtual Analog Drum Synthesizer which is capable of creating your own electronic drum sounds by offering 10 different kinds of dedicated synthesizers to easily create each drum sound.
- Virtual Analog Drum Synthesizer (no samples used)
- 10 Different kinds of dedicated synthesizers to easily create each drum sound
- Kick, Snare, Rimshot, Clap, Hi-hat, Tom, Conga, Claves, Cowbell, Cymbal
- 6 Pads (6 Voices)
- 99 User editable & storable programs
- Master Reverb FX
- Real-time Looper for Live Performance
- Wave file export for iTunes File Sharing
- Exported files can be re-loaded to Looper for overdubbing
The app is priced at $4.99.
So, with valentine’s day around the corner we can expect the usual flow of love apps on the store, but I don’t think I could have seen this coming …
Heart Beats is a procedural drum machine which you direct by telling it if you hate, like or love the sounds it’s making.
Created by Conor O’Kane for the 2013 Global Game Jam.
Just in time for Christmas Amidio brings their new app to the store. Here’s what to expect:
Are you ready for an INSTANT hypnotizing, delightful, immersive sonic experience?
MINT.io (Music In No Time) defines a new era in mobile electronic music creation. It is a revolutionary scale-based, intelligent Groovebox, aimed at live House, Dubstep and Breakbeat performances, built under the paradigm of one-screen interface in order to achieve maximum realtime tweak ability.
You don’t have to spend ANY time preparing for your jam session. MINT.io is designed to produce original electronic tunes literally in SECONDS after you start the app.
Features pristine audio quality (CrystalClear 5.0 Ultra-Precision Audio Engine) and the amazing ability to randomly generate great-sounding drum and synth patterns. MINT.io is packed with modern sounds and offers many endless hours of instant music-generation fun, even for those who are new to making music.
5 SOUND GENERATORS
- Oktane: 8-Track Drum machine
- Menthol: Ultra Bass Synth with B.E.A.S.T. Analog-Modelled LP Filter, Wobble Control, + Slide and Octave
- Raindrop Vibe Twins: Unique “Pond” Synth with “Freeze” feature
- Chiller: Automatic Chord Synth with 7 Trancegate patterns and Sidechain Simulation
- Noise Machine: Comes as an extra Master FX
EVEN MORE SONIC GOODNESS
- Extra-quality, fast access LP/HP filters on each channel
- Randomize Drum & Synth tracks by tapping twice on the ABCD buttons
- Randomize ALL feature
- Automatic Drum & Synth Pattern Sequencer with Polyrhythm ability
STYLES AND FX
- 5 Master FX: Glitch, Synced Repeater, VibeGlitch, Noise Machine, BitCrusher
- Channel FX: Synced Delay & Mega Reverb
- Realtime adjustable Tempo & Swing
- 3 Drum Styles for random generation: House, Breakbeat, Dubstep
PACKED WITH SOUNDS
- 20 Modern Drumkits (House, Breakbeat, Dubstep)
- 20 Menthol Ultra Bass sounds
- 32 Fresh Raindrop Vibes sounds
- 16 Lush Chiller Chord string & pad sounds
- 20+ Built-in Scales, Edit/Transpose/Shift Scale
- Save Menthol Synth presets
- 4 Drum & Synth slots to save patterns
- Solo Mode for all channels
In fact, MINT.io has so many cool features that it is just too tedious to list them all. Since it is free, just go ahead, download it and see everything for yourself!
It looks great for $0.99. Here are the details:
Beat-Machine is a powerful retro themed drum computer for iOS. It combines a simple X0X style sequencer with a robust and flexible sampler to give you maximum control over your beats.
- Sound sampler with reverse, sample trim, interpolation, ADSR and filter
- 16 Levels mode for pitching samples to create melodies
- Full mixer with volume, pan and 2 FX sends per pad (Delay, Reverb)
- Mute grid for programming samples to mute other samples
- Import any 16/24 bit WAV via iTunes file sharing
- Create custom kits and save them
- 16 step muti touch pattern sequencer
- Adjustable pitch and velocity per step
- Create and save custom patterns
- Create patterns in 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/8 or 7/8 time signature
- Up to 99 measures per pattern
- Beat quantize adjustment slider
- Adjustable latency and sample rate
- Background audio
- MIDI IN, MIDI OUT supported through CoreMIDI accessories and WiFi
- Universal app designed for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
- MIDI support
Interesting little drum app, here’s “Bleep’s” description:
What the bleep is this?
…it’s an addictive wavetable drum machine with midi! Draw pitch and wavetable modulation to create chip-tune sounds and effects, then sequence them to make retro video game like beats! You can create 12 sounds per song and save up to 8 songs that you can switch, shuffle and randomise on the fly. Midi support enables you to trigger your sounds with a midi device.
The app is priced at $0.99.