Clawtar aims to be an interface that adapts to the player’s hand, which is a bold claim. In version 1.1 there’s some nice new features, including Audiobus. Here’s all of what’s new:
AUDIOBUS 3 SUPPORT
Clawtar is now can be used as an audio and MIDI input in Audiobus.
PIANO KEYBOARD GUIDE
Clawtar now shows a piano keyboard at the bottom of the screen. On this keyboard you can see the currently selected range and the notes you play. You can not play on this keyboard. It is a view-only element. If you like, you can hide this keyboard by going to Settings>Show Piano Keyboard Guide and turning the switch off.
- Calibration algorithm optimised. It now works much faster and smoother.
- Settings menu was remade. It is now shown as a more regular dialog instead of a fullscreen view.
- Minor UI improvements
Clawtar is on the app store for $3.99:
csGrain’s last two updates have brought some nice new toys. Mainly Dropbox and AB3, but that’s not all. Here’s the list:
- Dropbox support update
- AudioBus 3.0 support
- GUI Updates
- Link to Current Csound Manual Online
- Silence Main Audio on Auxiliary Views
- Bug Fixes
Oh, and in 1.4.3:
- Audiobus updates, fixes
- Dropbox fixes
csGrain on the app store:
Jam Maestro 3.4.2 brings AB3 support and much more. Here’s what’s new:
- Audiobus 3 support added. Using AB3 you can now hijack any instrument and turn it into a midi instrument. Both midi in and out supported for each track.
- Audiobus panel moved to the left side
- Mixer screen now has an ‘automated’ label if an instrument’s volume or panning is being controlled by automation
- PDF/Txt exporting now trims blank bars from start and end of an instrument
- PDF font size increased at smaller scales
- Fix for Bass instruments being silent if instrument order is not contiguous
- Dropbox API V2 support
Here’s what’s new in ChordPolyPad:
- Audiobus 3 Midi support
- Audiobus state saving support
- Portrait mode and split view supported on iPad
- C3 or C4 middle C choice
- Bugs fixed
Intermorphic brings us Wotja 4.7 with AB3. Here’s what’s new:
This is a feature update that adds support for Audiobus 3 audio routing (also works great with AudioShare). Thanks for the customer feedback and we hope you enjoy it!
- NEW FEATURES:
Added support for Audiobus 3 audio routing
- On iPhone 6S and later Wotja now runs at 48 kHz / 24 kHz (toggle in Settings); this is to match the underlying audio hardware rate
Note: The Audiobus Latency Control setting will likely need to be set to 1024 frames. We make the same recommendation if using AudioShare or other external audio recording app. When using Audiobus 3 in e.g. AudioShare, you need to select an Audiobus Intermediate Out channel, e.g. 0.
- Fixed: Latency stepper was not visible in Dark mode
Another very handy MIDI app from Johannes Doerr to go along with the others in the series. This is one is something I’ve been hoping for now for a while. Here are the details:
This MIDI effect app for Audiobus 3 allows you to filter out MIDI messages on specific MIDI channels. Furthermore, you can remap the channel to a different value.
- Filter out messages on specific MIDI channels
- Remap channels
- Use multiple instances of this effect in Audiobus
NOTE: This app requires Audiobus 3. Insert it into one or more MIDI effect ports to affect the data going through the respective pipelines.
Midiflow Channels for Audiobus 3 costs $1.99 on the app store:
Any app that quotes the venerable SK-1 as an inspiration is worth a look. The app’s original description is:
“Inspired in part by the Casio Sk-1’s lo-fi sonics/sampling, the Moon Beam also adds features only possible in the touch screen world: bend keys independently!!! You can of coarse also bend all voices in sync using the touch pad.
The Moon Beam Synth/Sampler gives you:
- Unique key independant pitch bending
- 2 sample/oscillator layers for each voice… or split them to top and bottom keyboards.
- Effects (Delay/Reverb,Filter,LFO,Vinyl Noise,Distortion)
- Easy sampling
- Easy sample editing
- 4 octave keyboard + 2 pitch ribbons
- 1 assignable effects touch pad”
The latest version, the first update in over 3 years brings …
- Midi support
- Presets (Default and User created)
- LFO with noise mix
- Sendable Knobs (to FX pad or LFO)
- Increased Performance
- Fixed a handful of audio glitches