unimator looks like it could be a great deal of fun for making text art, so I thought it was really worth showing. Here’s what the app has to say about itself:
Create quick and fun text and sign animations! Use the whole character set of the device including Smileys, Emojis, and other symbols and scripts.
Enter the texts with a special keyboard that shows all possible characters. Make animated ascii-art and astonishing text animations in a very short time.
- Export to video & animated gif
- Share animations on twitter and facebook easily
- New unicode keyboard to enter all possible characters
- Similarity function assists in the search for similar characters
- Sounds to accompany the animations
- Text to speech
- Use any music on your device as a background soundtrack for your animation
- Display animations on an external screen
- Send the sound via Audiobus to other music or sound effect apps (requires purchase of Audiobus app)
And it only costs $0.99, so it really isn’t going to break the bank is it?
I read about this app at TUAW, and even though it’s targeted at children (hey, aren’t we all just big kids?) it looked like fun and I love stop frame stuff so I thought I’d post it.
The ‘must have’ app for making stop motion animations on iPad. Loved by families and educators around the world, Smoovie is the only stop motion animation app to combine precision editing and multiple scenes with instant playback.
Mac Life said “Smoovie’s ease of use makes stop-motion animation a joy and filmmakers and families alike should have fun bringing inanimate objects to life for hours on end.”
** Smoovie requires an iPad with a camera **
- Capture frames from the iPad’s rear facing and front facing cameras.
- Onion Skinning overlays existing frames with live video from the camera, helping you get that next shot just right.
- Instantly play back what you capture – no rendering required.
- Edit existing projects at any time.
- Drag to rearrange content.
- Adjustable playback speed on individual scenes.
- Full cut, copy and paste support.
- Copy and paste images from other apps on your iPad.
- Full undo support.
- Add a soundtrack from your iPad’s music library.
- Capture more content at any time.
- Instant playback – no rendering required.
- Export in high definition.
- Send to the camera roll on your iPad.
- Publish directly to YouTube.
- Watch your creations in Smoovie’s very own virtual cinema.
- Use AirPlay to watch your movies on your HDTV with Apple TV (requires iOS 5).
Designed exclusively for iPad 2 and the new iPad:
- The dual core A5 and A5X processors lets you edit in real time with no rendering required.
- Use either of the iPad’s built in cameras to capture content.
- Use multitouch gestures to browse your library and edit your projects.
- Export to the Camera Roll or use AirPlay to watch your movies on your HDTV with Apple TV (requires iOS 5).
Smoovie’s elegant design makes it child’s play for budding animators to bring their toys to life. And more seasoned enthusiasts will feel equally at home with Smoovie’s simple, fast, yet surprisingly powerful editing tools.
Smoovie is priced at $4.99
This post from the Flamming Stylus will be of interest if you’re into animation projects. I think I might have to try out the app soon too.