From the developer behind MicSwap, MicSwap Pro, and AudioMaster (not pro) comes the pro version of AudioMaster, which looks pretty good to me. But it isn’t cheap at $70. Here are the details.
Import audio and instantly get a mastered version. Immediately hear a boost in volume and overall sweetening of the mix. Export, save and share anywhere. Audiobus, IAA and AU compatible. If you’d like to try before you buy, check out AudioMaster (not Pro).
Let AudioMaster put the final touches on your sounds by enhancing the mix and sonic characteristics. Our audio algorithm automatically adjusts levels and gives a general “sweetening”. Think of it as the difference between a good-sounding mix and a louder professional-sounding, finished master.
Exports in your choice of Wav, M4a stereo or M4a mono.
Use for Podcasts, Music, Voiceover, Demos, Memos, Songwriting, etc.
39 PRESETS IN 13 GENRES:
- Flat EQ
- Hip Hop
- New Age
- R&B / Soul
Universal App – Buy one version and own it on all devices. Compatible with iPhones, iPads iOS 9 and up.
AudioMaster Pro: For Podcasts And Music costs $69.99 on the app store now:
If you’re in the market for a new piano app then this could be just what you’re looking for. It’s billed as the most realistic piano created for iOS, which is a big claim, and one I can’t substantiate as yet. Here are the app’s details for now.
Experience the splendor of a Ravenscroft Grand with the most realistic sounding piano ever created for iOS. Launch the app and access the gorgeous tone of this one-of-a-kind concert grand from your iPhone or iPad.
The origins of this virtual instrument lie in the masterfully crafted Ravenscroft 275 Titanium Grand Piano – made of 1,000 year old sitka spruce wood with solid titanium string termination points and precise, responsive CAD optimized action. The same quest for the highest fidelity sounds has spurred the deep sampling and meticulous capturing of this piano for the app. The final result delivers crystal clear hammer attacks, staccato release trails, and much more. Every detail has been painstakingly crafted to bring you the most authentic piano experience ever on iOS.
- High-resolution audio recording via premium microphones and pristine converters
- 100% sample-based sounds with hybrid modeling
- Real sympathetic resonance
- Accurate sustain pedal modeling including re-pedaling support
- Over 1,000 release samples for true staccato
- UVI Sparkverb reverb integrated
- 3 Band EQ and timbre shift
- Customizable MIDI and Dynamics response
- Fully resizable and customizable 1 or 2-tier keyboard
- Save/Load presets
- Lossless FLAC format provides the highest quality with smallest disk footprint and fast loading times
- Very efficient use of RAM and CPU resources
- Inter-App Audio / Audiobus support
- Audio Unit v3 Plugin
- External keyboard and MIDI-over-LAN support via CoreMIDI
- Bluetooth MIDI Keyboard Compatible
- Supported Operating System: iOS 9.3+
- Works on:
- iPad 4 or newer
- iPhone 5 or newer (iPhone 6 or newer recommended)
- iPod Touch 6 or newer
- 883MB of disk space
Ravenscroft 275 costs $35.99 on the app store now:
Whilst it’s the only (current) app that IrcamLab has put on iOS it’s an interesting one, and version 2 adds some good stuff. Here’s what’s new:
Version 2 offers an additional guitar tuning mode (GT) that is available in the tuning view. Just tap on a dedicated string name, play a note and adjust the guitar tuning accordingly.
Another major improvement is the new split window mode. Whenever you do any adjustments to parameters you now see how the edits affect the visualization in the upper section. This works in both visualization modes – snail and tuning view.
Also the price has gone up to $1.99:
More goodness from Audio Damage. Grind comes to iOS. Here are the details:
A true powerhouse of audio warfare, Grind puts the “damage” in Audio Damage. From subtle tube-style saturation to full-on mangled wavetable distortion, Grind is a Swiss Army Knife of sound design. This effect consists of three main blocks: wavetable lookup, in to algorithmic saturation/distortion/, and finally to a multi-mode filter with eleven different topologies, from your favorite four-pole lowpass ladder filter, to the 18dB screaming acid, to more subtle toolbox filters like notch. Driving it all is a tempo-synced LFO for rhythmic filtering and grinding.
Grind is code-identical to our VST/AU/AAX version, and can even load its presets. Take your favorite destruction plug on the road with you in this AudioUnits v3 version. Also includes a stand-alone app.
- Input gain and gate
- Wavetable lookup distortion module with LFO modulation over 15 wavetables, and control over window size and phase. This replaces the input sample with one chosen from the selected wavetable based on input level.
- Algorithmic distortion module. Apply one of eleven different distortion/saturation algorithms to the signal, for everything from subtle tube-style harmonic saturation to full sine driver craziness.
- Multi-mode filter with eleven different topologies, from popular vintage synth filters to studio carving tools. The filter frequency is an LFO modulation target, making this worth the price of admission for the filter alone.
- Tempo-synced LFO. In an AUv3 host, Grind’s LFO automatically syncs to your host, and can provide rhythmic interest to virtually any track. Mod the filter, for timbral interest, or mod the wavetable, for the full Grind destructo-effect!
- A mix control rounds out this easy-to-use, yet deceptively intense effect. Add a little or add it all, Grind is a multi-effect that will bring any sound to life.
Grind costs $4.99 on the app store now:
With over half a million downloads, the free Rough Rider compressor from Audio Damage is one of the most popular plugin effects on the planet. Now available for the first time on iOS, Rough Rider 2 brings the exact same plugin to your iPad, as a stand-alone application (with Inter-App Audio) and as an AUv3 for use with hosts that support it, like GarageBand, Cubasis, and Audiobus 3.
Rough Rider 2 for iOS is free on the app store now:
Announced in this blog post, both TouchOSC and TouchViZ get updated.
With TouchViZ this is what’s new:
- Recording — Capture a video of the master output and use in your set immediately or transfer later
- Camera autofocus control — New option to control the autofocus behaviour of the camera live-feed
- Bug fixes — No more crashes when browsing the photo library
They also said: “We have more new features planned! If you enjoy the app and would like to see more free updates and continued development, please consider leaving a review and rating! Thank you for supporting us!”
And the TouchOSC update:
- Added dedicated Tab bar labels
- Added option to send XY / Multi-XY control values in reversed order
- Added option to disable/enable Push button control push/release messages separately
- Minor improvements and bug fixes
Be sure to also update to the newest version of the TouchOSC Editor at https://hexler.net/touchosc#downloads
TouchOSC on the app store:
TouchViZ on the app store:
We’ve seen iDousyn and iDousyn Lite, now there’s iDousyn Pro. Which is iPhone only. Which is in itself a little strange given that the other two are iPad apps. Nevertheless, here are the details …
iDousyn Pro is a musical instrument app simple and elegant which was designed for all people who want to,compose music with a lot of high quality sounds well selected for different musical genres including also reverberation effect, delay effect.
- 72 Keys of sampled pianos
- Key labels (with colors)
- Pitch-Bend wheel
- Mod wheel (Cutoff)
- iTunes file sharing
- Random Controls
- Reset Controls
- Scroll Piano
- Glisse Piano
- 100 Bass
- 100 Chords
- 100 Drums
- 100 Guitars
- 100 Instruments
- 100 Leads
- 100 Pads
- 100 Piano
- 100 SFX
- 100 Strings
- 100 Synth
- Inter-App Audio
- Learn MIDI Keyboard
- Save Presets
- Add Sharing Option (Presets).
iDousyn Pro costs $1.99 on the app store: