Cubasis is a solid favourite, and in version 2.2 there’s some nice new stuff. Here’s what’s new:
- Classic Machines (in-app purchase) — Refill Cubasis with the unmistakable sounds of the ten most wanted iconic drum machines of the ’80s
- Note repeat — Program beats and chords the easiest way
- Track duplicate — Simply tap a button to create exact track copies
- Pad mapping copy & paste — Transfer your favorite drum and chord pad mappings to other tracks smoothly
- Cubasis reset option — Flick a switch to solve unexpected issues on the fly
Roli’s seems intent to improve their NOISE app. In the latest update BLOCKS can now be renamed in My Studio when firmware is running version 0.2.6 or higher. They’ve also added Mirror Mode in My Studio to allow BLOCKS hardware to follow the on-screen view, similar to the functionality in previous versions of NOISE.
There are a few other updates too, but what with this and the new Grimes pack NOISE is well worth checking out if you haven’t already.
Grimes brings her own signature sound to Roli’s BLOCKS system and NOISE app, which is great, and, for BLOCKS owners, the pack is free too.
I’m looking forward to trying out this pack soon to hear just what she’s produced and how usable it’ll actually be.
You can read more about the pack and Grimes at the Roli site.