IceWorks brings us version 2 of their excellent Mersenne Synthesizer.
Here’s what’s new in version 2:
- Universal App : Optimized for iPad and iPhone
- Audio Unit Extensions (AUv3) compatible
- Support for Audiobus State Saving
- Exporting and importing of presets via Share extensions
- Add Swing parameter to the arpeggiator
- Improved MIDI mapping function
- Support for Bluetooth MIDI Devices
- Add Grain and Attack parameters to the Noise
Audio Damage have been busy. What with Rough Rider 2 and Grind Distortion. Now Eos 2 arrives and is well worth checking out. Here are the details:
A long-time studio standard, now finally available for iOS! This is a direct 1:1 port of Audio Damage’s Eos 2 desktop plug-in, identical in every way to the Eos you know and love. This download includes an AUv3 App Extension for use in AUv3-savvy hosts like AUM, AudioBus, GarageBand, Cubasis, and Auria Pro. Also included is a stand-alone application with Inter-App Audio.
Eos 2 consists of four high-quality custom-designed reverb algorithms, made with the modern production environment in mind. Three different plate simulators and our own Superhall algorithm give you a broad palette of reverb, and the easy-to-understand interface makes adjusting the algorithms to suit your track incredibly simple.
Want a traditional dark plate reverb? Eos 2 can do that. How about a short, dense room sound for your drum buss? Not a problem. But where Eos 2 really comes in to its own is when you drop Superhall on your piano or synthesizer tracks. The incredibly long modulated hall sounds of Eno-style ambience are where Eos 2 thrives, something that is not possible with convolution ‘verbs.
- Four reverb algorithms designed for Audio Damage by ValhallaDSP, including three separate plate algorithms and our own unique SuperHall, a rich, densely modulated, extra-long hall algorithm designed for ambient and synthesizer music.
- Full control over the reverb early reflections and tail, with modulation and equalization control, to sculpt the density and tonal characteristics to your needs.
- All presets from the desktop version included, and you can even share presets among all versions of Eos 2 using the copy/paste mechanism.
- AUv3 and IAA standard.
- Note that Eos 2 is a dense, heavily modulated algorithmic reverb, and as such may be somewhat heavy on the CPU, especially on older devices. For best results, use a single instance as a send.
Eos 2 costs $5.99 on the app store now: