Well this is a really interesting development for Roli. They’ve extended their Blocks range today with a new Seaboard Block and it’s very reasonably priced indeed at £279 / $299. That makes the Seaboard Block very accessible and reachable for musicians, and will make a good addition to anyone who’s already got a Lightpad Block.
What’s more they’ve updated their iOS app too as follows:
Introducing the Seaboard Block, Touch Block and My Studio!
- You now tap on the instrument icon to switch to a Seaboard View and either play on-screen or connect a Seaboard Block
- Configure what Block controls what track and extend your BLOCKS playing surface using My Studio. Also use it to manage your hardware, such as checking your BLOCKS hardware are up-to-date
- Adjust the 5D settings for each connected Block by either attaching a Touch Block or in the advanced settings of My Studio
Other updates and fixes:
- 6 new exciting soundpacks that showcase the expressive capabilities of the Seaboard Block
- Updated onboarding screens, allowing you to skip and replay them at any time
- Visual improvements throughout app
NOISE on the app store: