I take my hat off to Tim at Discchord for his work on the site. This is great stuff and excellent work indeed. I’m so glad to see this site go from strength to strength.
Well done Tim!
The truly flexible swiss army knife of MIDI on iOS gets another excellent update in version 2.9. Here’s what’s new in MDP2.9:
2.9 is a major release focusing on panels, smaller new features and fixes.
- NEW: Panel Channel and Starting CC (thanks Todd)… see midiDR.com/panelChannel
- NEW: Panels can be grouping or not grouping (‘Panel Controls’ toggle, thanks Terry and others)
- NEW: Changed Snap to Value and Snap to Default Value timer under the hood to allow for smaller values to work properly (thanks Steven!)
- ADDED: Song Select MIDI message for Songbook and other apps (thanks Peter)
- ADDED: 4-byte device ID Roland Sysex Checksum (thanks fingerstyler)
- FIXED: Reappearing MIDI Dude
- FIXED: Picker values not being set/shown properly on layout load (thanks Michel!)
- FIXED: Buttons with no label showing “Distortion 1” (thanks Gary!)
- FIXED: Page Jump buttons on other side on phone not working (thanks Scott!)
- FIXED: iPhone 6, 6+, 7, 7+ not showing arrows
- FIXED: iPhone default layout not centered
- FIXED: Panel layering didn’t make much sense (Thanks Michel!)
- FIXED: Panel selection and multiline-label control slowness. See mididr.com/qa/5820 for details (thanks Byron)
- FIXED: Bug in Channel Changers with no presets overriding presets (thanks Giovanni)
- FIXED: Bug on first load with controls that bridge left and right pages (iPad only, thanks Michel!)
I got a nice promo email from PocketCHIP the other day and this was in there. So I thought I would share it with you.
This seems to be moving forward well now. Which is excellent news. Between this and the KDJ-One I’m looking forward to getting some new hardware in the not too distant future.
You’ve got to love the apps that come out of Klevgränds, they’re excellent, and perhaps this one hits a new high.
Syndt is Klevgränds most advanced synthesizer in the Kanvas series, but also the most versatile. The XY pad based oscillator and LFO makes it very quick easy to dial in a new sound, and with numerous other parameters available, this synth is also a good match for the more confirmed users. Syndt is available for iPad (AUv3) on App Store and for desktop as a AudioUnit and VST at the Klevgränd webshop. With an intro price (~35% off for iOS and 20% off for desktop) Syndt for iOS costs $4.99 and Syndt for desktop costs $19.99.
Syndt is on the app store for $4.99 right now:
A nice free addition to AC Sabre Motion MIDI Instrument. Here are all the details:
AC Central is a free auto-connection hub for the AC Sabre Motion MIDI Instrument (iPhone/iPod) and Bluetooth MIDI hardware. AC Central takes the hassle out of getting connected to your favourite synthesizers, samples and other sound machines. Plus, combined with Audiobus 3 (separate purchase, well worth it!), you can save and recall your complex multi-app setups and MIDI mappings with the touch of a button…
- Zero-config, auto-connects to AC Sabre and compatible BT midi hardware
- Full Audiobus 3 support
- AB3 State Saving of settings from local synths’ *and* remotely connected AC Sabre’s
- Multiple inputs and outputs
- Works with built-in CoreMIDI if you don’t have Audiobus 3
You probably know that I like Intermorphic’s stuff. So I’m really pleased to see even more goodies come to Wotja in version 4.6, which follows hot on the heals of 4.5 only just over 2 weeks ago. Here’s what’s new.
This is a feature update that adds support for WAV/MIDI mixdown recording. It is available from the “Mixdown & Recordings” screen accessed from Mix tab Action menu. Thanks for the customer feedback and we hope you enjoy it!
- Mixdown & Recordings screen.
- Set the number of bars (1-100) you want to record and make 44KHz stereo WAV or MIDI mixdown recordings.
- Recordings can be previewed in the “Mixdown & Recordings” screen.
- Recordings are saved to the Wotja iCloud folder or Wotja folder depending on the “Use iCloud” setting (iOS > Settings > Wotja > Use iCloud).
Note: Mixdown recordings are not live recordings and they are made as fast as your device allows. To be made they require sufficient device memory to be available.
- Fixed issue introduced in 4.5 related to create playlist file.
- Fixed Play/Stop issue for VoiceOver users.
- Minor bug fixes.
Discchord tells us that it is so, therefore it must be so! Interesting that they choose to do it now, but whatever the reason it’s good news, and hopefully a driver for more apps to apply the standard.
Auxy 3.5 brings some nice new features. Here’s what’s new:
- Exporting a project now creates a link that you can easily share and open
- Project export has been moved to the track export menu
- Improved performance when browsing projects
- Added option for sorting projects by creation date
- Select and edit any note without changing the grid setting
- New ‘How To’ section with updated tutorials
AUM is a wildly popular app and not without its own complexity. It’s been over a year since the last update, but 1.2 makes up for it. It’s a huge update. Here are the details:
- Min/max range mapping for MIDI param controls.
- MIDI toggle-params: option for auto-toggle on/off, useful for momentary MIDI cc buttons.
- The IAA output ports are now instrument type instead of generators, and supports MIDI reception.
- Match any MMC device ID, fixes unresponsiveness with some MMC controllers.
- Allow A2DP (high quality bluetooth audio) and AirPlay output on iOS 10.
- Add transpose setting for IAA/AU synths.
- Forward sysex to hosted IAA and AUv3 nodes.
- New Allpass filter nodes, mainly useful for acoustic engineers.
- DSP meter: display peak instead of average.
NOTE: This will show higher (but more accurate) readings than before for the same DSP usage!
- FilePlayer picker: scroll last file to center instead of bottom.
- Improve unsolo-logic for busses.
- Allow tapping value labels in built in plugin views for keyboard entry.
- Show MIDI routing matrix and Help in separate larger window on iPad.
- Recordings browser: show file extension in subtitle.
- Grey out TXT and ZIP files in recordings folder.
- Fix iPhone layout issues when launched from other landscape app.
- Don’t auto-show keyboard on iPhone landscape rotation.
- Fix bug where changing a bypassed node would make the new node unbypassed.
- Fix MIDI control of gain and clip nodes.
- Fix for issues when loading large sessions.
- Improved support for Audiobus 3. (Requires Audiobus 3.0.1 or later)