A new app for you MIDI monitoring and diagnosis needs. It shows the connected hardware or virtual sources/destinations. Also incoming MIDI messages log including; sent test messages or notes.
- See/detect, hardware/virtual active MIDI connections.
- See all incoming messages.
- Send test notes on/off and control messages.
Yamaha Bluetooth MD-BT01 users -> According to Yamaha user manual; all MIDI related application should be closed before bluetooth midi connection. Run the MIDI Check after connection established. If not you’ll not be able to see the Yamaha midi connection on the app. This is not an application’s issue. Because Yamaha use own BT protocol.
- Music keyboard improvement.
- Custom message send possibility.
MIDI Check costs $1.99 on the app store now
Any app that quotes the venerable SK-1 as an inspiration is worth a look. The app’s original description is:
“Inspired in part by the Casio Sk-1’s lo-fi sonics/sampling, the Moon Beam also adds features only possible in the touch screen world: bend keys independently!!! You can of coarse also bend all voices in sync using the touch pad.
The Moon Beam Synth/Sampler gives you:
- Unique key independant pitch bending
- 2 sample/oscillator layers for each voice… or split them to top and bottom keyboards.
- Effects (Delay/Reverb,Filter,LFO,Vinyl Noise,Distortion)
- Easy sampling
- Easy sample editing
- 4 octave keyboard + 2 pitch ribbons
- 1 assignable effects touch pad”
The latest version, the first update in over 3 years brings …
- Midi support
- Presets (Default and User created)
- LFO with noise mix
- Sendable Knobs (to FX pad or LFO)
- Increased Performance
- Fixed a handful of audio glitches
Patch Base is a very useful app for anyone who has classic hardware. Personally I use it for my CZ101 and it works really well. In version 2.6 Patch Base adds:
Editors for 4 classic Roland synths:
Each synth features a separate editor for Patches (regular synth voices) and Rhythm Patches (drum kits)!
I do like saying that, and I really don’t get enough opportunities to do so. In version 1.1 GridComposer adds Audiobus and Inter-App Audio support. Now you can stream live audio directly to other Audiobus and IAA compatible apps! Also 1.1 brings improved Midi support. You can now send notes via Core-MIDI to other apps.
Version 2.2 of Sonic Logic brings Audiobus 3 compatibility. Sonic Logic can now act as a MIDI source for Audiobus 3, which is fantastic. In addition the update also improves Sonic Logic’s performance.
What’s more the subsequent version 2.2.1 fixes an issue where MIDI messages sent to Audiobus could be missing some data. Nice!