AUM is a wildly popular app and not without its own complexity. It’s been over a year since the last update, but 1.2 makes up for it. It’s a huge update. Here are the details:
- Min/max range mapping for MIDI param controls.
- MIDI toggle-params: option for auto-toggle on/off, useful for momentary MIDI cc buttons.
- The IAA output ports are now instrument type instead of generators, and supports MIDI reception.
- Match any MMC device ID, fixes unresponsiveness with some MMC controllers.
- Allow A2DP (high quality bluetooth audio) and AirPlay output on iOS 10.
- Add transpose setting for IAA/AU synths.
- Forward sysex to hosted IAA and AUv3 nodes.
- New Allpass filter nodes, mainly useful for acoustic engineers.
- DSP meter: display peak instead of average.
NOTE: This will show higher (but more accurate) readings than before for the same DSP usage!
- FilePlayer picker: scroll last file to center instead of bottom.
- Improve unsolo-logic for busses.
- Allow tapping value labels in built in plugin views for keyboard entry.
- Show MIDI routing matrix and Help in separate larger window on iPad.
- Recordings browser: show file extension in subtitle.
- Grey out TXT and ZIP files in recordings folder.
- Fix iPhone layout issues when launched from other landscape app.
- Don’t auto-show keyboard on iPhone landscape rotation.
- Fix bug where changing a bypassed node would make the new node unbypassed.
- Fix MIDI control of gain and clip nodes.
- Fix for issues when loading large sessions.
- Improved support for Audiobus 3. (Requires Audiobus 3.0.1 or later)