About 6 weeks since the launch of AB3 comes an update with fixes and some new things too. A nice little gift. Here’s what’s new:
- Added a clear session button: Please clear session before closing Audiobus.
- Improved labels for Hardware MIDI Input and Output ports
- Added 64 samples latency option
- Double tapping mixer volume slider resets value to 0dB*
- Double tapping mixer pan knob resets pan
- Fixed state loading issues with MidiFlow Apps
- Fixed background launching issues
- Fixed a crash when loading presets
- Fixed errors with multi instance MIDI receiver ports
- Fixed broken Audio Unit Extension view in iPhone Portrait
- Receiver apps show system inputs correctly
- Fixed crash when apps with missing ports where added to MIDI Input
This is where Noise and Roli Blocks gets a lot more interesting and useful. This is the update I’ve been waiting for, and I’m looking forward to trying it out.
Introducing Project Sync, Remix and Export!
- All your projects now automatically sync, so you can access them across all your devices. They also automatically save to the cloud, so they’re always backed up
- Download projects that other creators have shared on Noise.fm, the music collaboration platform. Remix them and make them your own
- Start projects in NOISE, then export them to your favorite desktop music software and take them to the next level. Make NOISE and BLOCKS a sketchpad for all your musical ideas
Other improvements and fixes:
- Fixed issue where some drum pads would hang until the kit was changed
- Improved the reliability of the firmware updater. Make sure to keep your BLOCKS up-to-date!
Which is brilliant news in my book. iShred was released back in 2009 and hasn’t been updated since October 2012, so you would have been forgiven for thinking that this app was abandoned, but no, it’s been updated along with iShred Live and GuitarStudio. The update isn’t huge, but even so it’s great to see Frontier Design Group bring these apps up to speed.