As a long time fan of Intermorphic’s work it’s nice to see the development of their apps into Wotja (pro and subscription). With version 4.2 they’ve brought in the functionality from Liptikl (an app I had a lot of fun with) directly into Wotja. This is pretty cool. Everything is now in one place and it makes a lot of sense.
Anyway, they can explain it much better than I can. Here’s what they’ve got to say about version 4.2.
NEW CUT-UP TEXT FEATURE:
The Cut-Up Text Editor app that was branded Liptikl 2 for iOS is now fully integrated into Wotja and accessible via a new “Words” tab. It can be useful for helping to break “Writer’s Block” and is a great fit for the reflective music that Wotja creates. Amongst many other things it can randomly select words drawn from a word pool comprising up to 5 different bodies of text and/or an editable User Word Library and/or an editable Wotja Word Bank. Of the cut-up it creates, it lets you lock words you want to keep before you randomise again and lets you select on-screen cut-up alternatives to quickly change single words. See the updated Wotja User Guide.
- The 3 Cut-Up sub-views (Sources, Create, Cut-ups) are selected via a segment control at the top in the Words tab.
- Wotja can open Liptikl files (for it to find them just copy them to your Wotja iCloud folder) but an *active subscription tier is required for the Liptikl File data to be utilised or resaved*.
- Liptikl files display with special red icon until resaved.
- Once resaved as a Wotja file, the thumbnail shows the cut-up text in red on a white background (i.e. the standard Liptikl colour scheme) meaning they will start-off look pretty much as they did in Liptikl for iOS.
- When a new Random Mix is created any TTM voice can now be populated with random words coming from the user-editable Wotja Word Bank, the number of words being added determined by two new Randomization properties found in Randomisation Settings.
- The TTM Text Editor (Voices > TTM > Text) now includes a powerful Randomise facility that lets you either Shuffle Words (those already there), Shuffle Text (jumble up the characters) or populate with new Random Words, these being selected by the ITE from a word pool consisting of the user-editable Wotja Word Bank and any Sources or optional Word Library you might have configured for that file.
CHANGES / IMPROVEMENTS:
- Design tab moved to far left and Design tab moved to far right.
- Now we’ve included Words tab for the Cut-Up Editor, the TTM icon in Design Screen panel selector has been changed to better represent TTM (Text to Music).
- So you can set what text is shown in the File thumbnail we changed the “Text” button in the Display Tab to display a pop up menu: “Show Text from TTM Voices”, “Show Text from Words” and “Change Text Color”. When “Show Text from TTM Voices” is selected, you can prevent that text from displaying in Voices > TTM > Display.
- To make it easier to create interesting new mixes right from the off, the Templates screen “Random?” toggle defaults to on for a new installation and with Paks “WJ4 TTM Players” and “WJ4 Gen Backings” selected.
- We have yet to figure-out how to make the locking of words in the Words “Cut-Up” section accessible to VoiceOver users. That might take a while to resolve.
Please provide them via our forum or through our website contact form. We’re always improving Wotja, so thanks for your support and interest!
We have created a iOS bundle to help aid Noatikl, Mixtkl, Liptikl for iOS and previous bundle customers who may be considering whether or not to transition to Wotja Pro 2017 for iOS, a *non-subscription version* of Wotja. See https://intermorphic.com/bundles.
WotJa Pro on the app store: