The last update to MultiTrack DAW was back in November 2015, so whilst updates are generally on the infrequent side, when they do come they’re generally pretty big and worth sitting up and taking notice of.
This is no different at all. It’s a big one. Take a look.
Here’s what’s new:
- Preamp gain controls how much signal is sent to IAA track effects.
- Effect Knob drag types (horizontal, vertical, or both). Option available in Settings App.
- IAA Track effects now work on underlying regions of armed tracks as well as input monitor.
- “Sound Copy” App Extension, converts audio to wav and copies to the general pasteboard from outside MultiTrack, including ogg files.
- Tempo Controller redesign, separate spinner controls for Ruler type and Display type, ‘Accent’ button to accent the first beat of the bar.
- Custom metronome sound (drop a short wav file into the Documents folder named ‘metronome.wav’. Max duration for metronome sound is 0.1 seconds. Accent sound is created automatically by pitching up the sound.)
- MultiTrack now rotates 5 backups of a project. If anything goes wrong, the latest backup is loaded.
- Improved Input Selector box now groups core audio inputs, IAA effects, generators, instruments, and Audiobus sources.
- Waveform previews are now built while recording, instead of after. No waiting for a lengthy preview build after long audio recordings.
- Bins and Regions are named by track and take number, or audiobus source port names.
- MultiTrack can now be launched into the background, when hosted from another app.
- Now supports retina 3x displays on iPhone 6+, 6S+, and 7+ (5 tracks visible). iPad pro displays 11 tracks landscape and 15 tracks portrait.
- Bluetooth A2DP and Airplay now works for iOS 10 devices (enabled in the Menu).
- Non-Exclusive solo, now you can solo as many tracks as you want.
- ‘IN’ volume meter now displays up to 24 input channels on iPad and 3x iPhone
- Select from the 3 different built-in microphones on newer devices.
- Reworked IAA plugin system for better stability and compatibility with particular apps.
- Updated for iOS 10. Audiobus 3 ready.
- Fix: email bug when sending large files on certain versions of iOS 9.
- Fix: memory leak when recording with screen locked.
- Fix: If the song project doesn’t match the hardware samplerate, converters are placed around IAA plugins.
- Fix: To prevent Audiobus disconnections, input ports are now pulled even when track is disarmed or song is closed.