It’s interesting to see how Allihoopa is developing out at the moment. Starting as a part of Propellerheads with Figure and now spun out as a thing in its own right. Whilst it has only a small number of apps connected to it (Figure, Take, SoundTrap, and Gadget (soon)), I get the feeling that the aim here is to become a mobile hub, or, dare I say it, social network for mobile musicians.
There are worse things it could be, and to be honest I think it could be a very good place to house a true sharing community. It needs more support and apps to take it, but hopefully that will come soon enough.
Here are the details of the app:
Connect with people and ideas that move you. Get inspired to create. Allihoopa unites everyone doing music together.
Follow your friends to keep up with what they’re making. Listen, like and comment on pieces. Share, remix and collaborate with music makers all over the world. Join the Allihoopa community, connecting music pieces, apps and people.
Using Allihoopa is easy!
- Browse the app for music that inspires you—recordings, beats, samples, songs and ideas. Allihoopa is the world’s largest pool of ‘open source’ music.
- Listen, like and comment when you find music that grabs you, and follow those who inspire to keep up with what they’re making
- Open anything you like in any connected music-making app—Figure, Take, Soundtrap, Propellerhead Reason or Korg Gadget
- Add to it, then drop your version back to Allihoopa for praise, feedback and to let others continue building on your piece!
- Super-like cool sounds you find to save them to your Soundboard on your profile
This is an early version of the Allihoopa app that we’re letting out of the nest and we’re excited to get your feedback on how we can improve! Let us know what you think and what you’d like to see next – send us a message at facebook.com/Allihoopa or tweet us @allihoopa
Campfire crooner. Beatmaker. Table top drummer. Hymn chanter. Guitar strummer. House DJ. Shower diva. Rap master…
Millions and millions of us are making music everyday, round the clock, all over this planet. Just for the love of it. We have to. It is just in us. Something unique for each of us compels us, something beyond any commercial drive, tool or technology—that pure joy of making, creating, working together.
Allihoopa brings all of us, everyone, together for a free and open exchange of music pieces, ideas and people, all united in “doing music” just for the sake of it. Inviting all ambitions, skills and levels of participation, Allihoopa is the only social network that connects people, music content and music apps. It is a place for “music in the making,” where people from all over the globe come together to exchange ideas, collaborate and encourage each other. At Allihoopa you can freely use anything you find from the growing pool of over one million pieces.
- An open space for sharing music and ideas—now as an app for faster browsing, easier listening and immediate access to the Allihoopa community on your phone
- Find beats, ideas, acoustic tracks and more made by the community for you to build on. Open any piece in an app.
- Make and share music in Allihoopa’s Figure and Take apps, Propellerhead Reason, Soundtrap and Korg Gadget—more coming!
- Poke around and listen to what the community is making
- Find music on Allihoopa to inspire you
- Super-like songs and save the parts that grab you to your profile, your personal Soundboard
- Follow other Allihoopa users
- Like and comment, give feedback and find like-minded music-makers
- Your music + other makers = something awesome!
Allihoopa on the app store: