Tim from Disschord gets the scope on the latest information on Gadget for Mac. Here are all the details:
- Award winning KORG Gadget currently iOS only will soon be available for Mac.
- The ultimate Gadget collection includes all of the more than 30 gadgets.
- Intuitive and simple operation that delivers powerful music production.
- Power users can get back to the basics, beginners can jump right into great music making.
- Takes advantage of the large screen with a single-window four-split (divided in four) screen design.
- Comes with “Gadget Plug-in Collection,” a magnificent collection of plug-ins that support AU, VST, AAX, and NKS (*1).
- Two new gadgets provide long-awaited audio recording.
- A new powerful drum gadget with 16 pads.
- Supports the latest technology including Allihoopa, Ableton Link, and Bluetooth MIDI.
- Seamless connection between KORG Gadget for iOS and KORG Gadget for Mac enables a smooth workflow so you can produce music anytime and anywhere.
(*1) NKS will be available in the future version.
In addition, KORG Gadget for iOS version 3 will also be available February 28 and features the long-awaited Audio Track recording and playback. These gadgets elevate KORG Gadget into the realm of a true all-in-one production studio.
Release date: February 28, 2017 (Tuesday Japan time)
Regular Price: $299 -> Introductory Special Price: $199 (Limited Time only)
Purchase available via download at the new KORG SHOP (new site opening soon)
As Tim points out this isn’t cheap. You could pay $199 for Logic Pro X (on the app store). But then again this is desktop territory and not mobile. Prices are higher, and on the whole I’m not sure it’s bad value at all.
What’s more interesting is that Korg have chosen to release it via their own store and not Apple’s Mac App store. Obviously doing it this way means that they can secure an additional 30% that Apple would have taken, but what will be interesting is how they manage updates and versions.
But there’s less than three weeks to go before it lands now, so not long to wait.