4Pockets has brought the first update to Synergy Studio in over two years. It isn’t a big update, but that’s not the issue. It’s just nice to see an update as it’s a real favourite app of mine.
- Fixed a few issues with iOS10 compatibility.
- Removed the WIST API due to lack of library updates.
- Upgraded to the latest version of AudioBus
In case you hadn’t seen this it comes from NAMM where Tracktion Corporation announced the rename of the DAW to Waveform, and that it would run on the Raspberry Pi computer. Now that’s impressive I think. Considering what a Pi costs ($35) it’s a pretty amazing deal. There’s no pricing set for Waveform as yet, but currently Tracktion’s T5 DAW is free.
What’s more, if you watch the whole of the video you’ll hear that they’re also planning bespoke Pi audio hardware too. I’ll be keeping an eye on this as I think that the Pi has the ability to become a much more interesting platform in the not too distant future.
This is the fourth update since the launch of Drum Session, which is pretty impressive given that the app only launched last month. Here’s what’s new:
- 6 new drum kits
- stem export (each drum exports to its own audio track)
- brighter pattern graphics for improved readibility
- open in… export support for both MIDI and audio
- allow IAA hosts to play, stop, rewind
- many other bug fixes and improvements
Poison gets some lovely new sounds in version 1.3. Here’s everything that’s new:
- 100 new haQ attaQ presets designed by Jakob haQ added to banks C and D;
- 3 new parameters added on the LFO/FX page: Tempo Delay, LFO1 and LFO2 Tempo Sync. Now delays and LFO’s can be synced to the tempo (arpeggiator tempo in standalone version, host tempo in Audio Units version);
- “Reset MIDI CC Mapping to defaults” function added (on Settings page);
- minor optimizations and improvements.
Here’s what’s new in Stria 2.4:
- Control Parameters Assignation list fixed
- New MIDI Takeover: Pickup and Value Scaled
- New multiple AudioPaste allows multiple files in a directory to be pasted at once
- New Built-In Presets Bank by RUST(i)K
- 14 bit NRPN fixed
Refraktions gets another update, the second this month in fact. Here’s what’s new:
- Background Mode was added to the Settings Panel, allowing the app to play audio or send MIDI notes while in the background.
- MIDI Destinations was added to the Settings Panel, giving the user the option to choose specific, or multiple, MIDI destinations, including other MIDI-enabled iOS apps.
If indeed you had noticed. I’ve been having one or two technical problems, mainly in the form of my old (not really that old) mac giving up on Saturday. Not much fun to say the least!
Anyway, I’m getting back to normal now and regular posting will resume.