The next thing from VirSyn is a very cool looking audio slicing machine that’s universal and comes with loads of features. Here’s what VirSyn have to say about it …
Slice your audio samples with ReSlice and create flexible musical atoms which can be triggered by MIDI notes or the touch of your fingers.
The polyrhythm Arpeggiator redefines the art of creating new loops from the extracted slices.
Record live or import audio from clipboard or AudioShare to break it up into its rhythmic components.
Apply the intelligent slice parameter and Arpeggio randomizer for instant creation of the unheard.
- Automatic break up of sample/drum loop into up to 32 slices
- Edit slice positions.
- Edit level, pan, pitch and envelope for each slice
- Import audio from clipboard or AudioShare
- Record audio for instant slicing and reusing in realtime
- Seven studio standard effects concurrently usable:
- Oversampled distortion with four different algorithms for antialiased sound.
- Lowpass / Highpass / Bandpass parametric equalizer
- 8 pole analog Phaser
- Four line chorus
- Stereo/Ping-Pong delay with glitch free delay time change.
- Hi end reverberation unit.
Four part Polyrhythm Arpeggiator
- Uses programmable sequences with up to 32 steps.
- Trigger slices using 4 arpeggio parts with different settings
- Unique randomizer generates Arpeggios with 100% usability.
- Factory arpeggios included, unlimited user arpeggios possible.
- AUv3 AudioUnit
- Inter App Audio
- Audiobus 2 support with state saving.
- Play slices live with the onscreen keyboard.
- Can use CoreMIDI compatible MIDI Keyboard.
- Audio recorder with share function.
- Share user presets.
- Support for virtual MIDI input connections.
- Multichannel MIDI Learn for external MIDI controllers.
- MIDI Tempo sync. Start/Stop Arpeggio.
- Ableton Link compatible.
ReSlice is on the app store for $9.99 which is introductory price:
Well this is a surprise and probably what a lot of people have been hoping for, for quite a long time. I think it’s time to look at GarageBand again. Here’s all the details:
- Play and record using the new Alchemy Touch Instrument with over 150 synth patches*
- Quickly find Touch Instruments and patches with a redesigned sound browser
- Capture your voice or instrument and apply studio-class effects like pitch correction, distortion and delay with the new Audio Recorder
- Use new mixing effects, including Visual EQ, Bitcrusher, and Overdrive
- Add third-party effects using Audio Unit Extensions**
- Record multiple times over any song section and choose your favorite using Multi-Take Recording
- Perform with Chord Strips from any keyboard instrument
- Add comments or lyric ideas to your song with an integrated notepad
- Remotely add new tracks to your Logic Pro X project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
- Stability improvements and bug fixes
* The Alchemy synth is available on iPhone 6 or later, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, and iPad mini 4.
** Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extension instruments apps from the App Store.
GarageBand on the app store:
GeoShred 2.3 gets the universal treatment and more. Here’s what’s new …
- GeoShred is now a Universal App. iPhone/iPod devices now supported.
- Mini Control Surface added – useful when you want more keyboard space, especially on small devices.
- Global setting for keyboard layout (rows, frets, scale, key).
- Global setting for fine tuning.
- MIDI Panic now resends RPN-0 settings for pitchBendRange.
- Separate MIDI presets for “LinnStrument MPE” and “LinnStrument Multi
A nice little update for Figure, here’s what the folks at Allihoopa have to say …
We’ve been getting hyped on the retro trend of this winter’s reissues of old video game consoles, that plumber guy now being on iOS, and whatnot. So we made some sounds so you can sound like those classic games too. Try combining the new Syntax Error kit with the Bassboy bass and Eight Bit Vibra lead and you’ll see what we mean. Soon you’ll be jumping head first into question marks and eating mushrooms.
Looking forward to hearing what you’ll make with the new sounds on Allihoopa!
New in this release:
- New drum kit: Syntax Error
- New bass sounds: Bassboy, Future House and Thicke
- New lead sounds: Eight Bit Vibra, Hedgehog, Saw III and Triple Waves
- Fixes an annoying issue where you couldn’t 2D touch the left side of the screen if 3D touch was turned on, no matter how hard you tried.
- Rich notifications. Did someone build on your song? Listen to it directly from your home screen. Building on theirs is just another tap.
Figure on the app store:
Secret Base Design’s Apollo MIDI goes up to version 2.0 with a great update. Here’s what’s new …
Apollo MIDI over Bluetooth 2.0 adds an improved in-app keyboard; you can now configure the keyboard for different scales. On the iPad, there are two separate keyboards, which can be mapped to different MIDI channels.
The app now features sophisticated MIDI routing capabilities, that are useful both with and without a Bluetooth LE MIDI connection. Send MIDI to different destinations filtered by incoming MIDI channel, and remap MIDI channels if needed. MIDI transmission can be controlled controlled in a number of different ways, and the app can handle MIDI routing between apps running on the same device.
Apollo MIDI on the app store, on sale and down from $9.99 to $2.99: