Whilst this is a surprise it’s also very welcome. In many ways it’s the next step for Gadget, and an obvious step. We’ll know a bit more next week as things become clearer, but there are a few points to note already that I think are important.
Firstly, Gadget on the desktop is still going to have Ableton Link, which is excellent news of course. Next and more interesting, is an integration with Allihoopa. Which I think is a first. I think it will be very intriguing to see how that’s done and also if the integration comes to Gadget on iOS as well. Finally I’m keen to see how the iOS to Mac OS connection works as well, and what ‘seamless’ really means.
For now, here’s what’s on the Korg page …
The award winning KORG Gadget music production iOS app is soon to be released for the Mac. Building on the smooth operability and intuitive user interface of the iOS version, “KORG Gadget for Mac” provides a new dimension of inspiration for every creative artist. The Mac version also comes with “Gadget Plug-In Collection,” a magnificent collection of plug-ins that support AU, VST, AAX, and NKS. With KORG Gadget, you can use the Mac version at home and the iOS version when you are mobile, letting you enjoy a seamless workflow and ideal music production experience. The care that KORG has paid to hardware instruments over more than 50 years of experience has been channeled into the powerful cutting-edge musical software that is KORG Gadget. Now, the ultimate all-in-one music production studio extends its scope to a new platform and brings a new level of music making for Mac users everywhere.
Main features of KORG Gadget for Mac
- Award winning KORG Gadget currently iOS only will soon be available for Mac.
- The ultimate Gadget collection includes all of the more than 30 gadgets.
- Intuitive and simple operation that delivers powerful music production
- Power users can get back to the basics, beginners can jump right into great music making.
- Takes advantage of the large screen with a single-window four-split (divided in four) screen design.
- Comes with “Gadget Plug-in Collection,” a magnificent collection of plug-ins that support AU, VST, AAX, and NKS.
- Two new gadgets provide long-awaited audio recording.
- A new powerful drum gadget with 16 pads.
- Supports the latest technology including Allihoopa, Ableton Link, and Bluetooth MIDI.
- Seamless connection between KORG Gadget for iOS and KORG Gadget for Mac enables a smooth workflow so you can produce music anytime and anywhere. – See more at: http://www.korg.com/uk/news/2017/011202/#sthash.YHW6eAMN.dpuf
All information will be publicly announced when the NAMM show opens on January 19, 2017 (local time) in Anaheim, California, USA. Don’t forget to check the KORG Gadget product page. – See more at: http://www.korg.com/uk/news/2017/011202/#sthash.YHW6eAMN.dpuf
After being very sucessful on Android Audio Evolution Mobile comes to iOS with an impressive range of features.
Record your ideas on the go or create entire music productions from scratch, we’ll leave it up to you! This app is a portable multitrack audio and MIDI recording studio featuring virtual instruments, editing with unlimited undo/redo, mixing, real-time effects, automation and much more!
Note that this is our initial release and we’d appreciate any feedback or bug reports! We are highly responsive to customer feedback.
- Multitrack audio recording / playback
- MIDI sequencing with piano roll editor
- Drum pattern editor
- Inter-app audio effects and instruments
- AudioBus support (including AudioBus remote)
- Audio Unit v3 instruments and effects displayed directly in the app
- Non-linear editing with move, trim, split, cut/copy/paste, remove, cross-fade, etc. with full undo/redo
- Virtual instruments (comes with free instruments and more instrument packs to download with in-app purchase)
- Wide range of downloadable loops available (free and paid)
- Clip volume and fade points
- Loop playback
- Automation of mixer and effect parameters
- Mix-down to WAV, AIFF and ALAC
- Punch in/out
- Zoom down to the sample
- Each track has controls for volume, panning, mute, solo, arm, 3-band EQ with mid-sweep, 3 insert effects, 2 effect sends and output bus selection
- Unlimited number of tracks (more than 3 requires the PRO in-app purchase)
- Unlimited number of groups (requires the PRO in-app purchase)
- Real-time effects including: chorus, compressor, delay, dual delay, reverse delay, reverb, flanger, noise gate and many more!
- Offline effects: fade in/out, normalize, reverse, pitch shift, time stretching
- Several grid options for aligning your samples (with tempo and time signature settings)
- Projects are interchangeable with our Android version
- Export to other DAW’s by rendering all tracks to separate audio files (stems)
- Media server to access your files easily from a desktop computer
In short: a complete portable multitrack music studio that will replace your fourtrack recorder or tape machine!
The following in-app purchases are available to expand your studio:
- FX pack 1 (distortion, overdrive, speaker sim, wah wah, phaser)
- FX pack 2 (10-, 15-, 30-band graphic EQ)
- ToneBoosters effect pack 1 (Barricade, DeEsser, Gate, Reverb)
- ToneBoosters EQ with frequency analyzer
- ToneBoosters Compressor
- Autotune with two-voice harmonizer
- Soundfont instrument packs
- Loop packs from Function Loops
Audio Evolution Mobile Studio is free on the app store (with IAPs):
It’s great to see an update to StompBox Band after such a very long time. It isn’t a huge update but that’s fine, it’s just great to know that it isn’t abandoned. Here’s what’s new:
- Added support for the latest AudioBus
- Save Patch as AudioBus Preset
- Bug Fixes for iOS10 compatibility.