I’m a long time fan of all things from Mr NightRadio, from apps to hardware and on an esoteric variety of platforms too. Now he’s brought something from his hardware creations into the world of apps, which is an interesting move.
Quantum VJ HD is a simple glitch-style audio visualizer (video generator). It can receive sound from the microphone or from the Line-in port (depends on the system settings). Sound will be converted to the graphic elements byte by byte. The final video can be mixed with the camera stream in real time.
iTunes File Sharing and Wi-Fi can be used, if you want to upload your own codeset images to the app.
- Multitouch control – pair of parameters for each new touch
- 1st Touch – changing the Mode (horizontally) and the Power (vertically) parameters.
- 2nd Touch – changing the Color (horizontally) and the Noise (vertically) parameters.
- 3rd Touch – changing the Camera (horizontally) and the Resolution (vertically) parameters.
- 4th Touch – changing the Brightness (horizontally) and the Speed (vertically) parameters.
- Press on the top left corner to hide/show the control panel (fullscreen mode ON/OFF).
Video export is temporarily not available in iOS version.
Quantum VJ HD costs $1.99 (£1.49) on the app store now: