If you use MIDI then you need to use MIDI Designer Pro, and if you’re not then you should check it out as soon as possible. Version 2.5 is another big step forward for MIDI Designer Pro. But you’d expect nothing less from this app and its excellent developer. Here’s what they say about version 2.5:
MIDI Designer Pro 2 v2.5 is a heavy upgrade, providing more flexibility for your rig design. The app is light and blazing fast, as always, whether you’re designing your first rig or you’re a veteran onstage touring act.
- Moveable Panels: put controls on panels, move them around, and even use “make similar.” This feature is very useful as is, and we’ve got big plans for it.
- Display Zero for Knobs, Sliders and Crossfaders: now the LED ring (knobs) or LED track (sliders/crossfaders) can extend out from any point along its path. Two typical cases are pan knobs (Display Zero is 50% up) and Hammond-organ bars (Display Zero is 100% up). Requires Extra Features Pack to include in a layout; free to use for all.
- Rotary action for knobs. This is useful to place knobs near the top or bottom of your pages. It also means we’re compatible with gadgets that stick on your screen and rotate, if that’s your thing. Requires Extra Features Pack to include in a layout; free to use for anybody.
- Now you can slide your pages down or up to expose pedalboards. And if you don’t allow pedalboards in Play Mode, they’ll snap shut when you exit Design Mode.
- Choosing the default value: the experience has been upgraded in all ways. And now, Default Values work properly with Named Ticks, even if your ticks’ MIDI values are out of order (e.g., 5, 127, 2)
Lots and lots and lots of code changed in the upgrade to iOS 10 (Swift 3 and Xcode 8). See something, say something! Please report all bugs to wtf [at] mididesigner.com
- FIXED: Now no MIDI values are sent on MIDI Designer start, layout load, page load, nor reset to default template (Config -> Actions -> New)
- FIXED: Default values for named ticks
- FIXED: Bluetooth popup bug for iPhone introduced in 2.4.6
- FIXED: Color-tab-only not refreshing bug
- FIXED: Automatic panel colors now reflect page background: dark for light and light for dark. As Jarabe de Palo says, “la pureza está en la mezcla.”
- FIXED: Smaller bugs, and lots of under-the-hood improvements to make MD even better.