I’m a big fan of Elastic Drums, and I always have been since it first arrived. So much so that I noticed that the app’s store page has a quote from me on it.
Palm Sounds: “I have to say that I’ve been completely impressed by this iPhone drum machine. In terms of sound, in terms of design, and in terms of functionality. It is amazing.”
I stand by that, and I’d go further too, as Elastic Drums has gone from strength to strength and continued to develop and improve. Even small updates like 1.9.4 are a cause for a little celebration.
So here’s what’s new in the latest version:
- 80 new samples from Berlin musician Phon.o (http://www.phon-o.com)
- Improved knob and automate behavior in song mode
- Bass synth was playing 1 octave too high in old presets with pitch modulation
- When changing the master tempo X in song mode (mix screen), the sequencer could act weird, repeating or even stopping
- Fixed copy seq+instr bug with copying channel data to another pattern
- Reworked XY control – please double check, if effects and jam page still work as they did before