As I’m sure you already know I’m a bit of a fan of more ‘unusual’ apps for making music, and from a first look this app certainly looks like that.
I haven’t had a play with this as yet, but here are the details, you can make up your own mind.
Create and explore musical phrases and rhythmic patterns with GridComposer, an experimental musical sequencer. Arrange blocks on the grid to create notes and combine them to short phrases. Experiment with the timings and harmonies to explore variations of your composition. No musical knowledge is needed to start playing.
- Contains four build-in, polyphonic synthesizer presets.
- Notes are automatically assigned from a global musical scale.
- Save and load your compositions.
- Ability to adjust the musical scale, key and octave on the fly.
- Volume mixer to adjust your tracks.
- Advanced options to create custom scales.
- Set the tempo and individual trigger speed for each track.
- Ability to add delay and reverb effects.
- Output midi notes to your audio software via wifi.
GridComposer is universal and costs $1.99 on the app store now: