I’m a big fan of Auxy, always have been, and today we get version 3, which introduces Sound Packs: regular releases in collaboration with world-class producers and engineers. AP–001 is a set of signature piano sounds crafted by Niklas Flyckt—a grammy awarded mix engineer who has shaped the sound of acts like Robyn, Miike Snow, Britney Spears, and countless other artists.
Also in this version:
- New grid setting lets you add soft notes
- Loops can be transposed one octave up or down
- Creating a new scene keeps active loops playing
- Updated mastering settings
- Possible to get more delay when turning it to max
- “Featured Tracks” lets you explore tracks made in Auxy
- Bug fixes and design improvements
This is always a good thing in my book. When apps that started on the iPad take themselves universal it opens up a whole new range of users who want to make music. I’m a big fan of universal, so it’s great to see Different Drummer take this route.
Here’s what’s new in version 4.5:
- High functionality Universal iPhone support (not complete but includes Community, Zenterface (no purchase) and some cool Wave stuff)
- Portrait mode supported on iPad Pro with good Split Screen support
- Keeps Progression even if toggled off, no longer need to Commit to toggle progression.
- 37 Drum Presets added to New Waves menu for starting point
- Swing now works on 8th and 16th Grid Mode
- Toggle swing per channel
- Some sounds now 24 bit
- Randomize and Reset Mix buttons added
- Harmony styles added
- Legend is now interactive
- Bug fixes here and there