I have to admit that I like the title. It made me chortle slightly, and that’s always a good start. An app with a bit of humour in its name is no bad thing in my book. I also quite like that it looks a bit like a calculator and also reminds me of the Teenage Engineering Pocket Operator series too.
I’ve not tried this out, so I can’t tell you if it’s worthwhile or not. However, it is very cheap at just $0.99.
Here are the app’s details:
Pocket size drum machine, perfect for making beats. You can record live with the drum pads and even add simple bass line to the beat. 2 drum kits with 12 tweakable drum sounds and customisable bass sound. Easy to use!
- real synthesised bass sounds
- sampled drum sounds
- export to WAV or MIDI
- real-time parameters
Jack the beat maker is simplified but yet powerful rhythm greater tool.
Jack the beat maker costs $0.99 on the app store now:
A new, and rather intriguing app arrives today, called “HandSketch”. I’m not sure quite what to make of it, but it’s free (don’t know if it has IAPs or not), so may well be worth a look. Here are the details:
“HandSketch creates beautiful and expressive singing voice out of the sketches of your pencil or fingers. It is engineered and crafted to give you the musical chill and make you want to progress as a musician. HandSketch is unique and allows for true magical musical expressivity thanks to its artificial voice.”
Elastic Drums is a great drum app and for me it’s right up there with my top drum apps like SeekBeats, Patterning and MoDrum. So it’s great to see Elastic get better and better with this new version.
Here’s what’s new in Elastic Drums:
- New SAMPLER engine, with sample pitch, reverse, envelope, and a genuine looper function !!!
- Sample import via iTunes, eMail or AudioShare after purchasing the “sample import” option
- Record your microphone input after purchasing the “sample import” option
- Velocity/Automate edit view on iPad, via longtap velocity/automat button
- top navigation: swipe to prev/next pattern works the other way round now
- Copy instr + seq in Instr option sub screen
- You now can import samples from an email into Elastic Drums
- Limited master tempo X (multiplication) as it did not work properly after the Ableton Link rebuild
- fixed badly working Midi Sync out start/stop behavior
- doubleTap on instr parameters will set knob to default
- button/solo labels on instr. buttons
- selecting + longtap on an instruments preset or user sample will open a delete overlay
- warning, if you really want to change to another preset, if you made edits to the current one
- updated to newest libPD version 0.10
- version info in info overlay screen
FourTracks is one of the first multi-track apps to have hit iOS (before it was called iOS too) and is still a personal favourite of mine. It’s great to see it still get updated. Here’s everything new in 7.2:
- Updated for iOS 10 (fixes broken MIDI communication with GuitarJack Stage in iOS 10)
- Sessions can now be individually imported using iTunes File Sharing
- Added ability to play audio through iPhone receiver
- Fixed issues with File Import, email importing and Dropbox
- Fixed issues with input monitoring
Fixed bug where system volume was reset to 2 clicks on startup with an external interface connected
- Fixed bug where MasterFX compressor reset button toggled threshold between min and max slider value
- Fixed bug where saving a TaylorEQ preset didn’t re-enable song tools and exit buttons
- Songs have been moved from the Sessions folder to the top-level Documents folder
- Misc UI improvements and updates
- GuitarTone improvements:
Fixed bugs prohibiting saving of edited presets and impeding navigation
- Improved navigation and behavior with unowned presets loaded (“More Gear Required”)
- Fixed delay and filter bugs in tape delay FX pedals