From the makers of one of my favourite FX apps, Kuvert – Swedish Envelopes comes Tines, a new electric piano app that is a lot of fun to play with and is highly enjoyable. The app itself is universal, and an AU as well.
Here are all the details:
Tines emulates an electric piano. With internal effects like a stereo tremolo, a multiband distortion panel and a subtle roomy reverb Tines can sound like anything between a dreamy slick Rhodes to a nasty Wurlitzer. A finetuned velocity curve makes it a joy to play Tines on an external keyboard.
- AUv3, works with AUv3 compatible hosts like Garageband, Cubasis, AUM etc.
- Tremolo depth and speed (XY pad) with phase offset
- Variable decay time
- Variable Air (room) amount
- Multiband distortion
Note: Tines in stand-alone mode does not support IAA, Audiobus or MIDI. You can play it using the keys at the bottom, but that’s it. We recommend using Tines with AUv3 compatible hosts.
- iPhone 6 or later is recommended.
- iPad 4 or later is recommended.
Documentation is available at https://klevgrand.se/products/tines
Tines is on the app store at an intro offer price of ~37.5% off ($4.99)
Yep, this is a huge 1.1 release for Poison-202 Vintage MIDI Synthesizer. Here’s everything that’s new and updated …
- Audio Units support (AUv3) added. Now you can use Poison-202 as a plugin inside Cubasis, AUM, Garage Band, ModStep and other hosts;
- Virtual Midi sources support added;
- Background Audio enable/disable option added;
- IAA transport bar added with Rewind, Play/Stop, Record and Host buttons;
- Hold button (with latch) is added;
- Midi controller CC64 (Hold Pedal) is now supported;
- special Hold Arpeggiator mode (play one key to transpose current pattern, 2 or more keys to assign new pattern);
- 10 new factory presets added;
- “stolen notes” bug fixed;
- hanging notes bug fixed;
- fixed bug when on-screen keys sometimes stop playing when dragging fingers fast in Solo mode;
- added option to select audio buffer size: Optimal (depending on device type), 128, 256, 512 or 1024 samples;
- fixed bug when turning on Reverb or other effect, previous effect’s tail was heard;
- sample rate selection algorithm improved, bugs fixed;
- maximum polyphony value is limited depending on device type for better performance;
- Patch Selector: additional bank selection bar added to speed up switching between banks;
- now you can hold the next/prev patch buttons for fast forward/backward scrolling of patches;
- new knob parameter added: “velocity to cross modulation”. Some of the factory presets were tuned with this parameter to better react on velocity changes, making loud notes sound “brighter”, and vice versa;
- new Arpeggiator parameter added: Note Repeat;
- smooth parameter change algorithm added for Pitch Bend, Modulation Wheel and Filter Cutoff parameters;
- sound clicks removed, which could appear when switching between patches;
- other improvements and bug fixes.
Note if you are updating from version 1.0: After this update, please run Poison-202 standalone before running Audio Unit version. This will keep safe your previously created user patches. It needs to be done only once.