LaunchPad has been a stalwart of the mobile music world for years now, both in iOS and in hardware, so it’s great to see it continue to improve and move forward in version 4.0.
LaunchPad is both amazing to use as a fun tool for creating mixes and just enjoying the experience of play, but also for creating your own unique tracks on your iPhone with audio import that’s arrived in this version.
Here’s everything you need to know about the update:
Create your own remixes and tunes on Launchpad for iPhone from scratch. Start new projects, mix and match loops, and import your own sounds on-the-go with this major update for iPhone.
Build new remixes and perform them using the huge soundpack library (more than 100 soundpacks available to date). Easily search for sounds, tag your favourites, then edit pads to create unique performances for sharing. All this as a free update.
You can also now add your own sounds on iPhone using Audio Import (available as an In-App purchase). Import your own sounds easily from almost anywhere including Google Drive, iCloud, Dropbox, AudioCopy, AudioShare and Airdrop. The new folder management system helps you manage a large number of imported files, so creating your own tracks and remixes has never been easier.
Launchpad for iPad has also been updated, and now supports more import options. Now import from iCloud, Google Drive and the usual Dropbox, AudioCopy, AudioShare etc. We also added the much-requested feature of panning per pad.
- Create new projects and edit existing projects
- Browse for sounds and assign to pads
- Search for sounds by soundpack, category, tempo or name
- Tag favourite sounds
- Edit pad settings, such as trigger type, sync type, gain and pan
- Import sounds from almost anywhere (Dropbox, iCloud, Google Drive, AudioShare, etc)*
- Create folders to organise imported sounds*
- Manage and edit properties of imported sounds*
- Change the panning for each pad
- Import from many more sources, such as iCloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, AudioCopy, AudioShare etc*
* ‘Audio Import’ In-App Purchase
LaunchPad is free on the app store, with IAPs: