The latest update of the excellent experimental app SoundScaper is here. Version 1.8 brings a completely redesigned “Morphing scene” feature which is the new instrument as a part of SoundScaper and is specially designed for live improvisation with existing scenes.
The morphing feature gives you ability of smooth switching between scenes in different modes and adding effects during the morphing process. With the morphing you can add a new dimension to existing scenes varying them in the real time. But the most interesting result can be reached with applying multifunctional filters and changing the oscillator parameters in transition state between scenes.
Also in this update:
- New control pad of oscillators in the morphing interface.
- Possibility to change oscillators parameters during the morphing.
- Automatic output level control during the morphing.
- Automatic return to zero option for parameters in morphing.
- New MIDI controls for the morphing options.
- Added very creative feature of feedback.
- Improved morphing modes.
- Two range of rate for main LFOs.
- Added option of drift for main LFOs.
- Added new presets for oscillators.
- Updated description of the application.
- Description available as PDF on application site.
- Several minor bugs have been fixed.
If you’re interested in downloading the scenes used in the demo video above, just go to the SoundScaper site and follow the instructions towards the bottom of the page.
You can find SoundScaper on the app store here: