Native’s iMaschine 2 has been updated to version 2.1 which comes with a very lovely surprise of Link! Here’s what’s new in this update:
- Ableton Link Integration – Sync up and jam with other applications that support Ableton Link.
- Enhanced Audio Export – Quickly and easily export entire tracks or scenes as .WAV or .M4A files and share them via Messages, Mail or 3rd party Apps like SoundCloud, Dropbox and Facebook Messenger.
- Improved Project Transfer to Maschine – Effortlessly send your projects to your desktop and continue working on them with Maschine.
Here’s what’s new in Modstep 1.1
- Audio Unit support: use AU instruments and effects in modstep
- new Plugin-Browser: Drag and drop internal Instruments, AUs or IAAs to any of the Tracks.
- new Plugin-Chain per Track:: combine Internal Instruments, Audio Units and IAAs and add unlimited Insert FX per Track
- new MIDI – IO-Section per Track allows quick & easy setup of MIDI Port & Channel routings for each track.
- added Master FX Chain
- new Settings-Popups for Clips, Scenes & Tracks – available via Long-Tap.
- Global Scale: use one Scale throughout all Tracks in your Session (optional per track)
- Clips now show a preview of the notes inside their current Pattern.
- Patterns now show a preview of their notes.
- when deleting a Clip you will now have to confirm the deletion by tapping twice.
- added optional ‘Enter Clip Shortcut’ – if activated, all clips will show a button that allows to quickly open the clip in its related sequencer page.
- added variable grid-size in Piano Roll (1/48 – 1bar)
- studiomux is now able to send audio data to modstep (e.G. to mix or process through FX)
- modstep can now receive audio via Audiobus (to mix / process)
- Added Arrangement options:
- Scene follow: Automatically starts the next scene after the current one finishes.
- Scene Loops: set the Scene to loop X times (or unlimited) before the next one starts
- Clip Loops: set the Clip to loop X times (or unlimited)
- Scale per Scene: Change the Global Scale per Scene
- Tempo per Scene: Change the tempo for each Scene
- MIDI file import & export
- new MIDI file browser in the main file-menu.
- added MIDI indicators
- AudioShare import for the Sampler
- new global Keyboard with Pads and velocity to easily play all of your tracks onscreen.
- Audiobus destination support
- over 20 new MIDI Templates
- added metronome
- you may now decide which of the tracks should record audio.
- Notes entered in Drum and Melody mode are not shared anymore (when switching modes, the other modes notes will not play or be shown anymore)
- Drum / Melody mode do not change the Piano Rolls touch-behaviour anymore.
- added Draw-mode toggle to change the Piano Rolls touch-behaviour in either mode.
Bugfixes & improvements:
- fixed occasional note drop-outs
- improved timing of internal Sampler & Synth to be sample accurate
- improved audio-recordings to be seamless loops
- Export and Import of CCs, Chords and Pads works now
- fixed panning bug in the Sampler.
- Velocity in Piano Roll and Step Sequencer was fixed
- CCs were blocked by selected CCs
- several smaller bug- and crash-fixes as well as small usability enhancements
Modstep on the app store:
Well here’s a new drum machine for your iPad Vatanator is available right now on the app store, here are the details:
Vatanator is a unique drum machine with advanced MIDI functionality. It features 140 built-in presets emulating every classic vintage hardware.
It is aimed for simplicity and instant rhythm creation.
Vatanator 1.0.0 features:
- iOS 7.1 and up compatible, iPad retina graphics
- Record patterns in real-time with quantization, MIDI assignable
- 16/32 steps sequencer with advanced MIDI options
- Fast loading of presets on the fly
- Full MIDI implementation
- Background audio
- Audiobus, Audiobus Remote, Inter-App Audio and Ableton Link support
- Ability to import samples via AudioCopy, Dropbox or iTunes Share
- Real-time effects with envelope follower, MIDI assignable
- Song arranger, ability to store a sequence of patterns and play them in order
- 8 channel mixer with volume control and mute/solo for any individual instrument
Vatanator costs $5.99 on the app store:
It has been great to see Blocs Wave get Link integration and get really useful when working with other apps. I can tell you from personal experience that this is just the beginning with Blocs Wave, there’s some seriously cool stuff coming along, but more of that later on …
For now, enjoy Blocs with your Link jam.
Blocs Wave of the app store:
Different Drummer seems to be wavering in price. It goes back up to $12.99 and then down again.
Today it’s at $9.99, not it’s lowest ever though.
Drone FX has gone free, it was previously $2.99.
Pocket Organ C3B3 has been around since late 2009 so I’m pleased to see that it’s still going. In it’s latest version it seems have mainly got a new a new icon, but also an adjustment of the rotary effect and key click.
Also the app is on sale at the moment and down from $5.99 to $2.99.